a level maths

Watch this thread
skrrt_1234edgy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi, so I'm basically getting D's in maths. I do all my homework, pay attention in class and spend at least an hour a day studying maths if not more. I've only done one test so far, receiving a d in it. however, my effort isn't being reflected in my grades. I'm starting to really hate maths now. how can I get back on track?
Last edited by skrrt_1234edgy; 4 months ago
Athy_Obelia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by skrrt_1234edgy)
Hi, so i'm basically getting D's in maths. I do all my homework, pay attention in class and spend at least an hour a day studying maths if not more. however, my effort isnt being reflected in my grades. im starting to really hate maths now. how can i get back on track?
It's great to hear that you are trying to overcome your weakness, well done! And yes, regular revision is they key to success but perhaps your study method isn't right for you? I recommend doing the practise questions in each section in the textbook. If you don't understand how to get to a solution, ask your teachers. It's all about learning different types of questions they could ask. I hope this helps!
username3806922
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi, so I'm basically getting D's in maths. I do all my homework, pay attention in class and spend at least an hour a day studying maths if not more. I've only done one test so far, receiving a d in it. however, my effort isn't being reflected in my grades. I'm starting to really hate maths now. how can I get back on track?
Same I've been doing so many practice Qus from the textbook but when I open the exam it's like they gave us an undergrad paper instead
Athy_Obelia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bluetaetae_12)
Same I've been doing so many practice Qus from the textbook but when I open the exam it's like they gave us an undergrad paper instead
Do you go through all the questions in one topic then move on to the next? How do you go about doing them?
vidi2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
are u in y12 or 13?
skrrt_1234edgy
Rep:
(Original post by vidi2020)
are u in y12 or 13?
year 12

skrrt_1234edgy
Rep:
(Original post by bluetaetae_12)
righttt, i did well at gcse now i'm borderline failing and my teachers hate me smhhh
vidi2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
year 12
Right so
If you get Ds then it's showing you don't really understand the content or have difficulty understanding the questions which is completely fine during yr12.
I suggest learning your content first by doing textbook questions first AND THEN moving onto exam papers.
Go through basics first... you've only just finished the first term of school so it's ok you still have time and not many topics to go through.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (139)
29.32%
It went fairly well (227)
47.89%
It didn't go too well (69)
14.56%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.23%

Watched Threads