what to do instead of note taking

Watch this thread
pmcgx
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
ok so i’m lazy and hate taking notes, i personally think it’s a waste of time but does anyone have any other alternatives to taking notes, i’ve recently been annotating ready made notes from physics and maths tutor and going from there, but if anyone has tips lmk. and i also do practise questions too ,thanks in advance
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Blurting is a good alt imo.. you don't need to take notes.. try different revision techniques and stick to what works for you
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
anki card go brr
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
anki card go brr
Talk to me about anki cards - I see them everywhere now. Are they good - it's free as well, isn't it? Is anki similar to quizlet?
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Talk to me about anki cards - I see them everywhere now. Are they good - it's free as well, isn't it? Is anki similar to quizlet?
It's free on pc but the mobile app is £21.99. It's a flashcard app where you have the options to rate a card in terms of difficulty (again, hard, good and easy) after completing them which determines when you'll next get the card. Not sure about how similar it is to quizlet apart from the ability to use anki offline.
username5706823
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I personally don't like them.. they're a bit hard to navigate IMO.. they work well for some people, I just prefer paper flashcards as I don't like revising on my laptop all the time, they're free on pc but 20p on the app.
username5706823
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It's free on pc but the mobile app is £21.99. It's a flashcard app where you have the options to rate a card in terms of difficulty (again, hard, good and easy) after completing them which determines when you'll next get the card. Not sure about how similar it is to quizlet apart from the ability to use anki offline.
you can't rate on quizlet
KA_P
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by pmcgx)
ok so i’m lazy and hate taking notes, i personally think it’s a waste of time but does anyone have any other alternatives to taking notes, i’ve recently been annotating ready made notes from physics and maths tutor and going from there, but if anyone has tips lmk. and i also do practise questions too ,thanks in advance
Recording.
Printing out the spec and annotating that.
Printing out PPT slides and annotating that.
Make mind maps.
Btw to save paper if you have an Ipad or smthn like that pretty sure you can annotate without harming the environment
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
you can't rate on quizlet
If you play some of quizlet's games the system works out the ones you struggle with

Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
That's great - thank you Can you do any sort of time-lapsed repeats of things, in terms of interleaving/retrieval practice?
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
I personally don't like them.. they're a bit hard to navigate IMO.. they work well for some people, I just prefer paper flashcards as I don't like revising on my laptop all the time, they're free on pc but 20p on the app.
I've got 18,000,000 index cards for sale, if you want them :laugh:
username5706823
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
If you play some of quizlet's games the system works out the ones you struggle with
Oh, I didn't know that.. I stopped using quizlet in year 10 when I dropped German
username5706823
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
That's great - thank you Can you do any sort of time-lapsed repeats of things, in terms of interleaving/retrieval practice?

I've got 18,000,000 index cards for sale, if you want them :laugh:
You'll be surprised by the amount I have.. I still have my GCSEs ones too! there are like 1000s...
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Not sure about what you mean by that, but if you select "good" for the same card, then its interval goes up from 10 minutes to 1 day to 3 days etc
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Not sure about what you mean by that, but if you select "good" for the same card, then its interval goes up from 10 minutes to 1 day to 3 days etc
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks - I'll definitely take a look at it now.
pmcgx
Rep:
(Original post by KA_P)
Recording.
Printing out the spec and annotating that.
Printing out PPT slides and annotating that.
Make mind maps.
Btw to save paper if you have an Ipad or smthn like that pretty sure you can annotate without harming the environment
omg yes i’ve started doing this on my ipad in lesson and it saves time, thanks for the tip!
pmcgx
Rep:
anki card go brr
bro i’m so lazy with anki, i always forget to review the cards
KA_P
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by pmcgx)
omg yes i’ve started doing this on my ipad in lesson and it saves time, thanks for the tip!
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (279)
41.77%
The paper was reasonable (279)
41.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
8.98%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.49%

Watched Threads