The Student Room Group

Transferring uni - what to put under UCAS education section?

Hi :smile:

I am a first-year uni student planning on applying to different universities on a different course. What should I put regarding my current university modules under the education section? Do I list them individually? What do I put for grades, if anything? Thanks!
Original post by greenelephant76
Hi :smile:

I am a first-year uni student planning on applying to different universities on a different course. What should I put regarding my current university modules under the education section? Do I list them individually? What do I put for grades, if anything? Thanks!

Use the “other” qualification type to write in details of your current course and then add your modules to that.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2177589&p=40298338#post40298338
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Use the “other” qualification type to write in details of your current course and then add your modules to that.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2177589&p=40298338#post40298338

Thank you! What should I do for modules in which I do not yet have a final result? For example, when I have received a grade for a summative essay but have yet to complete an exam set in a few weeks time?
Thank you! What should I do for modules in which I do not yet have a final result? For example, when I have received a grade for a summative essay but have yet to complete an exam set in a few weeks time?

Just leave it blank for now. Your choices will contact you for an interim transcript if they need one to make a decision.

Follow the example in the link and put those results as pending with a future date
Original post by PQ
Follow the example in the link and put those results as pending with a future date

Thanks - one more thing, what do I write under 'awarding organisation'? There's a character limit so I can't put the name of my university in there.
Thanks - one more thing, what do I write under 'awarding organisation'? There's a character limit so I can't put the name of my university in there.

Just put initials, like ‘DMU’ for De Montfort Uni.
Original post by Admit-One
Just put initials, like ‘DMU’ for De Montfort Uni.

Great thank you :smile:
Last question, I promise - if I have withdrawn from a module would I still need to include it? And if so, would I just put the date as the date I would have got it? I'm guessing that I would put 'withdrawn' in the grade box. Thanks again
Great thank you :smile:
Last question, I promise - if I have withdrawn from a module would I still need to include it? And if so, would I just put the date as the date I would have got it? I'm guessing that I would put 'withdrawn' in the grade box. Thanks again

I would include it with the expected date. If the incoming uni are in any doubt, they’ll just ask for an interim transcript.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending