The Student Room Group

Allen and Overy solicitor apprenticeship 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fr753563
maths economics english EPQ , your combo is so good, what is law as an alevel like?

Honestly maybe it's just my exam board (OCR) but the whole A Level is essentially just memorising the textbook and then spewing it back out onto the paper. Like say you'd get a scenario question asking you to "Discuss whether George would be guilty of murder" all you do is state the legal principles in order, and then say 'in this scenario, he did this, therefore, this element of the crime is satisfied'. Don't get me wrong, the content is interesting, but I think I would have liked to use my brain a bit more analytically like you would say in English. Even the answers for evaluation questions are already laid out for you in the textbook. But I don't regret taking it though. The case studies are pretty cool. History on the other hand was the worst decision I ever made haha. So much stress. Wish I took econ or maths instead! Are those any good?
Congrats!! I'm applying too :smile:
So glad I found this thread! I got an email yesterday saying I was through to the next stage. Trying not to get my hopes up though
Original post by katieb0304
So glad I found this thread! I got an email yesterday saying I was through to the next stage. Trying not to get my hopes up though

That's amazing!
For everyone who got through to the next stage, did you guys meet the A level entry requirements?
Original post by kakashi sensei1
For everyone who got through to the next stage, did you guys meet the A level entry requirements?

Yes I think the requirements were AAB and I am predicted A*A*A. However the email I got saying I was on the next stage says we will now review your application so makes me thing the assessment was just to make sure they weren’t reading loads of applications
Yes I think the requirements were AAB and I am predicted A*A*A. However the email I got saying I was on the next stage says we will now review your application so makes me thing the assessment was just to make sure they werenj’t reading loads of applications

Oh OK thank you!
Reply 27

just got an email saying im through to the next stage!

WELL DONE!!!! Im super confused though, I just got an email too, but it's not inviting me to interview, just saying they'll look at my application. This is definitely a longer process than I thought it was.
Yes I think the requirements were AAB and I am predicted A*A*A. However the email I got saying I was on the next stage says we will now review your application so makes me thing the assessment was just to make sure they weren’t reading loads of applications

what subjects? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by kadd04
Hey guys, I am completing the immersive assessment later and I haven't studied maths since GCSE. I was wondering if the maths questions are really hard or just percentages etc. Basically, should I be worried or not ?? :smile: :biggrin:

To be honest, I had to think about it and I take a level maths. Not impossible but definitely take your time - its easy to pick the wrong answer because you read the question wrong. Good Luck!
what subjects? :smile:

Law, business and history
Reply 31
Law, business and history

Omgg you guys all do essay subjects and here’s me taking bio, chem and maths like an idiot😩 I went through a medical doctor phase when I was 16, and the subjects just stuck sigh
I chose Maths Politics and Economics, is everyone here applying for a Law degree with UCAS?
(edited 2 years ago)
i wonder when we will hear next
Reply 34
i wonder when we will hear next

I wonder too, absolutely hate waiting. But based on how long it took last time, probably by the end of the month...
Original post by Enyonamldn
I wonder too, absolutely hate waiting. But based on how long it took last time, probably by the end of the month...

ah hope not
ah hope not

i mean this as in hopefully sooner lmao
Reply 37
i mean this as in hopefully sooner lmao

yeah i figured lol. I'm going to be so stressed if the interview is in February, that's when my mocks are. but more than likely they will be. Just noticed that the website doesn't even say how many apprentices they are hiring... Imagine if its 100s of people competing for 2 spots. I've got a sinking feeling there are lots and lots of applicants and that's why it's taking them this long.
Original post by Enyonamldn
yeah i figured lol. I'm going to be so stressed if the interview is in February, that's when my mocks are. but more than likely they will be. Just noticed that the website doesn't even say how many apprentices they are hiring... Imagine if its 100s of people competing for 2 spots. I've got a sinking feeling there are lots and lots of applicants and that's why it's taking them this long.

I saw an article announcing it a while a go that said they're looking for 6 apprentices :s-smilie:.But yes I can imagine they'd have at least 700 applicants so I have no idea how this is gonna go.
Original post by bliss_an
I saw an article announcing it a while a go that said they're looking for 6 apprentices :s-smilie:.But yes I can imagine they'd have at least 700 applicants so I have no idea how this is gonna go.

wow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending