The Student Room Group

Can’t read exam clock/ prefer a digital one with seconds.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mnot
If you are eating a lot of time to recall key facts or forgetting units that that is a sign of lack of preparation... it really shouldn't be do or die in the last 15 seconds, and forgetting a unit or rounding mistake would be 1 mark not a grade.

1 mark can change a grade
Original post by chris01928
I have a friend who has a casio watch and a ring on his right hand so not only could he not read analog clocks, he didn't know his left from his right
what did the ring have to do with him knowing his left from right?
Original post by TheFlash2024
what did the ring have to do with him knowing his left from right?

The ring was on his right hand so he didn't have to gormlessly put his hands out in front of him to figure it out. He also had a piece of red tape on the right-hand side of the car
Get a digital watch or use your phone :rolleyes:
Yeah, but he thought it made him look moronic. Its just what he did, I'm not promoting or condoning it, just saying an anecdote :lol:
Reply 45
I’m probably not going to by a clock when there’s a high chance I won’t be allowed to use it, after my mock I’ll ask about how the real exams will be like and see if there’s anything they could do even if it’s just getting a bigger analogue. That’s if exams even go ahead this year

Yeah I gues...
Do you want exams to go ahead btw? Jw
Reply 46
Original post by Ten-Ten
The rule was there when I did my gcses in 2019 and when I did my mocks for year 13 in 2021 since exams were cancelled. Just depends on the school

It doesn't depend on the school; watches were banned for candidates from September 2019.
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Get a digital watch or use your phone :rolleyes:

Not allowed in the exam
Original post by Slx.24
Yeah I gues...
Do you want exams to go ahead btw? Jw

Not really. I’m happy with the grades I’ve been getting and don’t like the stress of one set of exams determining your grade on two years of work
Reply 49
Not really. I’m happy with the grades I’ve been getting and don’t like the stress of one set of exams determining your grade on two years of work

Ah you got the two years one exam, we got an AS then A lvl exam :biggrin:
I don't really know myself tbh. I need exams to prove my grades bcs I messed up a bit but then again I don't wanna bcs it's scary ahah
Original post by chris01928
The ring was on his right hand so he didn't have to gormlessly put his hands out in front of him to figure it out. He also had a piece of red tape on the right-hand side of the car

I get it, in my head I just know the hand I use to write is in the left direction you’d think it would be an instinct but it takes me and a few people I know, a second to process it
Original post by Slx.24
Ah you got the two years one exam, we got an AS then A lvl exam :biggrin:
I don't really know myself tbh. I need exams to prove my grades bcs I messed up a bit but then again I don't wanna bcs it's scary ahah

My school doesn’t do AS unfortunately. I have mocks in a few weeks and again in April, so do most schools so you’ll still have time to prove yourself if you try your best now :smile:
Get a Casio f91w digital watch from Argos. They're £10
Reply 53
My school doesn’t do AS unfortunately. I have mocks in a few weeks and again in April, so do most schools so you’ll still have time to prove yourself if you try your best now :smile:

Wait there's mocks in april too? Omg yesssss
I've been ill with covid and other illnesses and I'm at home instead of skl rn... Mocks start on monday and I know I'm gonna fail cus of this
Original post by Slx.24
Wait there's mocks in april too? Omg yesssss
I've been ill with covid and other illnesses and I'm at home instead of skl rn... Mocks start on monday and I know I'm gonna fail cus of this

I’d check with your school before I get your hopes up but good luck with your exams, it’s really difficult to study this year with everything that’s happening you could also ask your teachers for resits afterwards
Original post by EOData
The fact that many students have never learnt to read an analogue clock face is a subject of regular discussion on the Exams officers coven. It never ceases to amaze us.

Honestly? There are kids over the age of, say 7, who can't read a clock face?! This just seems absolutely incredible to me - we learnt this at infant school.
Reply 56
I’d check with your school before I get your hopes up but good luck with your exams, it’s really difficult to study this year with everything that’s happening you could also ask your teachers for resits afterwards

Yeah will do, thanks!
Reply 57
Original post by Reality Check
Honestly? There are kids over the age of, say 7, who can't read a clock face?! This just seems absolutely incredible to me - we learnt this at infant school.

Loads. I think the majority of schools have now switched to digital clocks because so many students can't read a normal clock face - which is a shame because I'm sure they're easier to get the time from with a quick glance
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by EOData
Loads. I think the majority of schools have now switched to digital clocks because so many students can't read a normal clock face - which is a shame a but I'm sure they're easier to get the time from with a quick glance

Amazing.
Original post by EOData
It doesn't depend on the school; watches were banned for candidates from September 2019.

And I still took my watch into exams after that date because my school said we could use them so it does depend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending