The Student Room Group

wifd149's last fight to end my law degree with a bang!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Day 4 (18 days left)
Will edit this post throughout the day :h:

Morning update at 7:41 am: Here with my croissant and gruyere cheese, without the ham because we ran out of it :colonhash: Intending to start work after an hour or two, maybe. No one is planning to cook lunch today or dinner, so I will have to see what I can make with yesterday's leftover chicken roast.

Work update:

8:41 am:
Researching for articles and looking through our course materials for MHL has been unbelievably intimidating :frown: I don't think MHL is an easy subject to score, but now the scope has expanded quite a bit. That is somewhat horrifying.

First is that the principle goes two ways; right to liberty and the safeguards have to be sufficient. Two, mental disorders are wide-ranging you have learning disabilities in children, dementia in elderly, etc. The effect is multifold, because the Mental Capacity Act 2005 is for adults (not under MHA) and not children. Thirdly, there are many concepts associated with this question that is scattered throughout the whole MHL syllabi. So I think that structuring and outlining this essay will be difficult.

The good news are that I still have some time to work this out, and that I managed to get the gist of what the principle and MCA 2005 are trying to do. Still looking up for other things and reading through our course materials to make sure that I don't miss any concepts out.

Need to check out what the MHA does in all of this.

Checklist for today:

read approximate ~60 to 90 pages of the textbook (MHL)

know the differences between MCA and MHA - (done)

does the family home fall under CTO?

compile a reading list (1st version) and gather the directly relevant cases (1st version) - (done)

Ah, **** I'm very stressed about this (no worries tho) :frown:

12:51 pm: drinking something burning and spicy, and watching a bit. Not so bad that I won't do work later though, might nap a bit.

5:40 pm:
Completed one of my checklist to-dos. Finally decided to take out the pen and paper to condense the information, rather than doing it all digitally, because I think I tend to over-highlight and that sometimes the information isn't processing in my head.

7:30 pm:
I don't think I can complete all of the tasks today, especially since it's quite late for me and I have been sleeping early lately (soon). And especially the reading one; it is not everything that I have to include in, but they are very important for me to understand the context of what the arrangements are in this case. I am also going through several outlines and plans at the moment, but I am not sure which ones are important for me to talk about yet since we have both the MCA and MHA.

I will be returning to my rest area, and if I managed to do a whole lot more done later then I will update this again. Otherwise, this may be today's work. I am ensuring that tomorrow/later will definitely be more fruitful since today is more on getting the gist and feel of everything MHL. I did manage to get some relevant cases as well, so there's that, and did manage to compile a reading list.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 41
Thanks mate :wink: It's just that I don't know anything substantial about this topic yet, but otherwise I'm alright :smile:
Reply 42
Debatable, it depends for each university. Normally an LLB in an English university is for 3 years, you have one lesser year to really pull yourself up in comparison and so there is a lot of rush to do applications, etc. About how long of an assignment period you get, it depends again, these two wordy essays that I am doing are coursework so there is about 25 days or less to complete each one of them at my university on top of regular seminar/tutorial work and other deadlines falling on similar dates :erm: I haven't mention company law yet, so there is that again.
Reply 43
Day 5 (17 days left)

New Year's Eve :closedeyes:

we do not talk about today, I'm ****ed (migraine)

Happy New Years though!!! :wings:
(edited 2 years ago)
Well done!
I can’t be arsed to do my coursework due 21st Jan so have to revise for 19tj exam instead. Ie get something done!
Reply 45
Original post by Catherine1973
Well done!
I can’t be arsed to do my coursework due 21st Jan so have to revise for 19tj exam instead. Ie get something done!

Oooo good luck! :biggrin:

To be fair I've been slacking off quite a lot too :cry: Especially considering that I'm not even up to the date politely with most of my semester 1 syllabi. I'm just lucky that two of my semester 1 subjects are assignments-based.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 46
I’m sure you’ll do fine :h: You sound like a person who double-checks before or after submitting so your nightmare shouldn’t be true. All the best for your marks!
Reply 47
Putting this out here that I continue what I have to do today, and I have to finish everything by this week.

Sorry for the lack of updates, currently too caught up in other threads on TSR.
omg tag me for this
Reply 49
Original post by AmIReallyHere
omg tag me for this

Hahaha, I don’t always update here but I will if I post again, I would aye :biggrin:
How’s it going? I have managed to write 50% of my 7500 word coursework (in video game law!) now they are not the best words but they are words ob spate that can be edited a ton. Hoping to finish writing by weekend then can start editing. But got carried away reading about no man’s sky (for my essay honest)
I Should also do practice exam questions for exam in 2 weeks but think best to get essay mostly done first and stop switching between the 2. Social media law is interesting and plenty going on with that in news right now.
Reply 51
How’s it going? I have managed to write 50% of my 7500 word coursework (in video game law!) now they are not the best words but they are words ob spate that can be edited a ton. Hoping to finish writing by weekend then can start editing. But got carried away reading about no man’s sky (for my essay honest)
I Should also do practice exam questions for exam in 2 weeks but think best to get essay mostly done first and stop switching between the 2. Social media law is interesting and plenty going on with that in news right now.

Thanks for checking up on me! :colondollar: Great to hear that you are progressing well too!

I am give and take about 30% done with my 6,500-word courseworks? The reason being is that I am the kind that has to know the facts and my points before writing, so writing the work itself isn’t normally an issue for me. I would sit myself down and write the essay in one go, so I am expecting that there will be more progress to be done with once I have gathered all of my materials and points. I am also intending to finish it (or, at least the majority of it) within this week - the latest to produce the final product will be this upcoming Tuesday.

I have also got to review, reorganise, and revise for Company Law which I need to start on next Wednesday or earlier if I am done with my courseworks.

Video game law does sound interesting! Especially for someone like myself, who really loves playing video games. Social media law is also quite important and may get more entertaining with whatever is going on now.
(edited 2 years ago)
tag me
Reply 53
Original post by HaydenFordz
tag me

Oh sure! Will do when I post something here again (better be soon) :thumbsup:
Hey, happy new year - really great to read all about your progress. Keep it up. Gathering the points and materials is often the most time-consuming task. Better to know all your points first before you start on the writing - nothing hurts more than having to demolish an entire argument once you find something that's more accurate/relevant!
Reply 55
Original post by journeyaway
Hey, happy new year - really great to read all about your progress. Keep it up. Gathering the points and materials is often the most time-consuming task. Better to know all your points first before you start on the writing - nothing hurts more than having to demolish an entire argument once you find something that's more accurate/relevant!

Aye, very true mate :biggrin:

I actually made a whole other thread for ranting, but that’s another Pandora’s box waiting to be opened. Long story short, still not done - but I am at the second to last stage? Should start writing on Saturday or Sunday for 6,500 words and submit them by Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday?

I hope that you are well mate :woo:
Reply 56
My condolences mate :frown: It's why I normally don't check for my marks unless it's the end of the year. It's still a 65% aye! :h:
Good luck with writing this weekend. I have managed to do the writing so need to spend weekend editing as there is quite a bit of waffle in there. Abs needs more criticism and reform etc and bringing facts back to show how relevant to the question! Not at all fun!
Reply 58
Good luck with writing this weekend. I have managed to do the writing so need to spend weekend editing as there is quite a bit of waffle in there. Abs needs more criticism and reform etc and bringing facts back to show how relevant to the question! Not at all fun!

That's great! :colondollar: Agreed that bit isn't much fun, you should be done soon though :yep:
Original post by wifd149
Aye, very true mate :biggrin:

I actually made a whole other thread for ranting, but that’s another Pandora’s box waiting to be opened. Long story short, still not done - but I am at the second to last stage? Should start writing on Saturday or Sunday for 6,500 words and submit them by Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday?

I hope that you are well mate :woo:

Which thread is it? I haven't been as active on TSR recently and there's plenty of content floating around!

Yeee mate going alright, though already feeling like it has been a long year (says the person who has just gotten back into the early year slog...lmao, happy 2022)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending