The Student Room Group

Vaccine after having Covid

Hi, do you have to wait 90 days after being diagnosed with covid before being able to have the vaccine or is this just recommended? Thanks
Original post by bethlead03
Hi, do you have to wait 90 days after being diagnosed with covid before being able to have the vaccine or is this just recommended? Thanks

As a nurse who worked in ICU with covid19 related patients I would say go and get it still.. You can contact the vaccine centre and ask them this if you unsure ok.
Below are answers to commonly asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination.
Bust myths and learn the facts about COVID-19 vaccines
Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Should I get vaccinated if I have already had Covid-19.......

"Those who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 should still be vaccinated. "There is no information that suggests that antibodies from a recent SARS-CoV-2 infection would interfere with vaccine efficacy."
I had it 5 weeks or so ago. I was told to wait 4 weeks :smile:
Original post by Meg192501
I had it 5 weeks or so ago. I was told to wait 4 weeks :smile:

I’m in N.I

Quick Reply

Latest