The Student Room Group

No Response From Warwick! It has been 3 months!

I applied to the University of Warwick for a master's course on October 11th. It has been 3 months since I applied, but I haven't heard back yet. Is it normal? I'm getting really anxious because on the website, they said they would send their decision within 6 weeks. It has been 13 WEEKS!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khushiiiii
I applied to the University of Warwick for a master's course on October 11th. It has been 3 months since I applied, but I haven't heard back yet. Is it normal? I'm getting really anxious because on the website, they said they would send their decision within 6 weeks. It has been 13 WEEKS!

If you are anxious then contact them. You should discount the Christmas holidays, so technically it was about 11 weeks. Good luck
Original post by Wired_1800
If you are anxious then contact them. You should discount the Christmas holidays, so technically it was about 11 weeks. Good luck

I contacted them MANY times! They keep saying that my application is still under consideration.
I contacted them MANY times! They keep saying that my application is still under consideration.

Then it is under consideration. Some courses are reviewed on a rolling basis while others are done based on a deadline.
Original post by Wired_1800
Then it is under consideration. Some courses are reviewed on a rolling basis while others are done based on a deadline.

Warwick has rolling admissions! That's why I'm worried.

Many universities this year are waiting until after the deadline because of what happened with being so oversubscribed last year. Be patient. The UCAS deadline hasn’t even passed yet
Original post by ry7xsfa
Many universities this year are waiting until after the deadline because of what happened with being so oversubscribed last year. Be patient. The UCAS deadline hasn’t even passed yet

I didn't apply through UCAS. Also, is there a deadline? I've applied for a postgraduate course at Warwick Business School.
(edited 2 years ago)
I didn't apply through UCAS. Also, is there a deadline? I've applied for a postgraduate course at Warwick Business School.

Did you find someone in the forums who applied for the same course as you and received a decision? That could be a proxy to know if WBS is doing rolling admissions or using a gathered-field approach this year.
Original post by IndianPython
Did you find someone in the forums who applied for the same course as you and received a decision? That could be a proxy to know if WBS is doing rolling admissions or using a gathered-field approach this year.

No, I couldn't find someone on the forum. Although, I know someone who applied for the same course a week after I did, and she received a rejection within a month of applying.
No, I couldn't find someone on the forum. Although, I know someone who applied for the same course a week after I did, and she received a rejection within a month of applying.

Well, that means your application is still in the pipeline and they might be waiting to see other applications before they take a decision on yours. In any case, I do agree that 11 weeks is a long and agonising wait. I applied for a postgraduate course in WBS on 24th November and received an email yesterday that there will be a delay in the process. What other universities did you apply to? heard back from any of them?
Reply 10
I saw a post where someone applied on 2nd Dec last year and received an offer on 11th February, so you should definitely not loose hope.
When did the status on your portal changed to 'initial assessment'? I applied on 5th Dec for Business Analytics and the status changed today.

Rolling admissions doesn't mean rolling decisions. For very competitive courses or courses where they are actively trying to increase the academic standing, it may be hard to judge who the best applicants will be in the course of the year. There will likely be a band of very good applicants who they can't immediately work out if they will be 'the best' and worth an offer. These people may stay in the system over several months while more applications come in and they can judge if they float to the top and get an offer or sing and get rejected. While you haven't got an answer, you are at least still under consideration.
Original post by vs00
I saw a post where someone applied on 2nd Dec last year and received an offer on 11th February, so you should definitely not loose hope.
When did the status on your portal changed to 'initial assessment'? I applied on 5th Dec for Business Analytics and the status changed today.

My status changed to the initial assessment on 18th October.
Original post by IndianPython
Well, that means your application is still in the pipeline and they might be waiting to see other applications before they take a decision on yours. In any case, I do agree that 11 weeks is a long and agonising wait. I applied for a postgraduate course in WBS on 24th November and received an email yesterday that there will be a delay in the process. What other universities did you apply to? heard back from any of them?

I got offers from the other universities in October itself, and their acceptance deadlines have passed. I kept on waiting for Warwick.
Original post by threeportdrift
Rolling admissions doesn't mean rolling decisions. For very competitive courses or courses where they are actively trying to increase the academic standing, it may be hard to judge who the best applicants will be in the course of the year. There will likely be a band of very good applicants who they can't immediately work out if they will be 'the best' and worth an offer. These people may stay in the system over several months while more applications come in and they can judge if they float to the top and get an offer or sing and get rejected. While you haven't got an answer, you are at least still under consideration.

That makes sense! Thanks for the help!
I got offers from the other universities in October itself, and their acceptance deadlines have passed. I kept on waiting for Warwick.

The fact that you applied to other universities along with Warwick shows that you were prepared to go with the others if the Warwick application didn't go through. But ultimately, you chose to skip your other offers waiting for Warwick, which is a big risk you have taken to be honest. Sorry to say this, but maybe you should have accepted one of the other offers and not gamble everything in the hope of getting Warwick. But that being said, as a fellow applicant I respect your decision to stick to your first choice and really hope that things go in your favour.
Hey!
Can I ask which program you applied to?
Cause some programs are very competitive and could take longer to make a decision. The MFin and other finance programs are quite competitive. Someone once said in a forum that some applications could be in the 'waitlist' stage and may be held back a lot longer to compare with others and make a decision (not sure if that's true though). I would suggest that you email the particular program reps and ask them about it, but you seem to have done that already. I applied to Warwick Business School on Oct 25th and received my offer on Dec 1st. But The University of Edinburgh took almost 2.5 months to give me an offer. So, I don't think it's entirely a bad thing. I understand that the wait is agonizing but it also means that you are still being considered.

Just in case, ask the universities that gave you an offer to extend their acceptance deadlines. Most universities are very understanding. You don't want to be left without an offer. Best of luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied for MSc Marketing and Strategy at WBS on 4th december and it still shows "application submitted". Any idea how long before it is assessed?
I applied in Jan and still haven't gotten a decision from them. They sent an email in early march stating that they haven't forgotten my application & it is still under consideration but I'm lowkey starting to lose hope now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending