The Student Room Group

Official Edexcel IGCSE January 2022 - All Subjects!

Hey guys! This is the official thread for Edexcel IGCSE Exams - January 2022 for all subjects!

Feel free to post here!

I am doing the following:

Maths A (Option H)
Physics (Option P)
English Language A

What about yours?!

Scroll to see replies

Just Chemistry here... had the first exam today!
Reply 2
Original post by dbhc2411
Just Chemistry here... had the first exam today!

How was it? Compared to previous years? Are you doing any IAL?
Original post by Ashan6886
How was it? Compared to previous years? Are you doing any IAL?

It felt... different to previous years. Like the layout of the paper felt different to all the past papers I did which was a bit odd and off-putting actually. The questions seemed to be phrased slightly differently too and not all the content I was expecting was included - so maybe that'll be in Paper 2 instead.

No to any IALs, weirdly I've got all the A Levels I need to go back to uni from 2012, but I tanked my GCSE Chemistry in 2010 so I've got a conditional offer which is to get a 5 in GCSE Chemistry haha - I'm confident I'll get at least that I hope.
Reply 4
Original post by dbhc2411
It felt... different to previous years. Like the layout of the paper felt different to all the past papers I did which was a bit odd and off-putting actually. The questions seemed to be phrased slightly differently too and not all the content I was expecting was included - so maybe that'll be in Paper 2 instead.

No to any IALs, weirdly I've got all the A Levels I need to go back to uni from 2012, but I tanked my GCSE Chemistry in 2010 so I've got a conditional offer which is to get a 5 in GCSE Chemistry haha - I'm confident I'll get at least that I hope.

So looks like the papers are harder?
So looks like the papers are harder?

Not harder as such, just... different. It was challenging and I had to use the entire time which was a first, but it just had a lot of lengthy answers.
Reply 6
Who is doing IGCSE Maths today (Option H)?!!!
im

Hey guys! This is the official thread for Edexcel IGCSE Exams - January 2022 for all subjects!

Feel free to post here!

I am doing the following:

Maths A (Option H)
Physics (Option P)
English Language A

What about yours?!

doing english language A aswell, not prepared at all lmao
Reply 8
Original post by elliegrace13
im

doing english language A aswell, not prepared at all lmao

Who did Maths 1H today?
Reply 9
I did it just now the vectors and circle questions at the end was to hard lol
Reply 10
Original post by Mk17KM
I did it just now the vectors and circle questions at the end was to hard lol and for the simultaneous equation one I got two values for X and y four long decimals 2 positive two negative

Lol
oooh what circle question??? the arc length one or was there another one i accidentally missed lol. The vectors question was impossible!! Did you have the point of intersection thing (wondering if u did paper 1 or paper 1r). I just found MA and ON and hoped i'd get some working marks.
Who is doing IGCSE Maths today (Option H)?!!!

how did you find it? The vectors question was impossible
Reply 13
Original post by isobeln
how did you find it? The vectors question was impossible

Well did the 1H not R. The vectors question was a little pain in the neck but yet I got OP as 4a + b. I dont really remember if it was plus or minus b but had 4a in the answer.

The circle question was basically pretty easy. You had to multiply the circumference by 55/360 (the ratio of the angle given) and solve the question using this method.
Reply 14
Msg me on my insta @MAKhan.555 it's a black pic
Reply 15
sorry my insta is MAKhan.777 (black pic)
Reply 16
Original post by isobeln
oooh what circle question??? the arc length one or was there another one i accidentally missed lol. The vectors question was impossible!! Did you have the point of intersection thing (wondering if u did paper 1 or paper 1r). I just found MA and ON and hoped i'd get some working marks.

I think i got the arc one it wasnt too dificult you just had to remmeber the equations for area and arc and takeaway, the vectors waas really hard i did about one line of worrking out and gave up then the last question about the curve equation i left out it was legit imposiible
Reply 17
Original post by Mk17KM
I think i got the arc one it wasnt too dificult you just had to remmeber the equations for area and arc and takeaway, the vectors waas really hard i did about one line of worrking out and gave up then the last question about the curve equation i left out it was legit imposiible

The vectors question was hard yet, the last curve question was easy. It needed simultaneous equations to be formed from the given data. By the way, do you think grade boundaries will be lower due to covid this time or not?
Reply 18
The vectors question was hard yet, the last curve question was easy. It needed simultaneous equations to be formed from the given data. By the way, do you think grade boundaries will be lower due to covid this time or not?

I get confused with the last end of the paper haha but manage to pull through a couple marks here and there like alot of us! anyways I think unfortunately the'll be higher than last year because last year you only needed 94ish/200 out of 200 to get a 7 so they wanna push that up now because they r d1ckhe@ds like that
Reply 19
I had my maths paper today, but I don't know if my school took questions from random papers, or if they used the Jan 2022 ones. In any case, the answer for the vectors question that came up in my paper (the trapezium one finding OP I think) was 5/4 a 15 / 8 b if I'm not mistaken. That question was probably hard enough to belong in the FSMQ paper however.

Quick Reply

Latest