The Student Room Group

University of Weat London Midwifery, April 2022 intake

Hello,

Is anyone starting Midwifery course at UWL in
April 2022?
Wondering if anyone has a rough idea when it begins and how the terms/semesters work out for April intake?

😊
Hi. HNY. I’m starting in April too. I was thinking we would start hearing from them by the beginning of March as with September intakes, you usually start hearing fromAugust. Just a thought tho ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by Free75spirit
Hi. HNY. I’m starting in April too. I was thinking we would start hearing from them by the beginning of March as with September intakes, you usually start hearing fromAugust. Just a thought tho ☺️

Hello,
That’s brilliant. Thank you. So lovely to hear from a fellow student starting at the same time. Looking forward to meeting you at some point. My name is Charlene. ☺️
Original post by CharG84
Hello,
That’s brilliant. Thank you. So lovely to hear from a fellow student starting at the same time. Looking forward to meeting you at some point. My name is Charlene. ☺️

Hiya Charlene, I’m Colette
I had a phone call today giving me info regarding start dates etc? Did I get urs, also which is ur nearest hospital?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
I had a phone call today giving me info regarding start dates etc? Did I get urs, also which is ur nearest hospital?

Hi Colette,
I haven’t had phone call yet, still waiting, I know a few others who have too. I’m closer to West Mid and Queen Charlottes, so hoping for either of them on placement. How about you?
Reply 5

Look up diary_of_a_student_midwife2022, if you want to add me on a certain site, that consists of mainly pictures and begins with I.. haha. 😉
Original post by CharG84
Hi Colette,
I haven’t had phone call yet, still waiting, I know a few others who have too. I’m closer to West Mid and Queen Charlottes, so hoping for either of them on placement. How about you?

I’m a stones throw from Northwick Park. I had my last child at Queen Charlotte’s so know it well x
Reply 7
Hi everyone, I heard last week that UWL have offered me a place on Midwifery course April 22, I'm hoping it is the Reading campus, is that the same as all of you? I was a late application, so I feel like I'm behind. Has anyone had much information about fees, dates etc yet. I'm hoping that it all comes together this week and I get more information. It's not long till April!
Reply 8
Original post by KH111315
Hi everyone, I heard last week that UWL have offered me a place on Midwifery course April 22, I'm hoping it is the Reading campus, is that the same as all of you? I was a late application, so I feel like I'm behind. Has anyone had much information about fees, dates etc yet. I'm hoping that it all comes together this week and I get more information. It's not long till April!

Congratulations, 🎉
I am starting in April at the West London site! So excited. Good luck and perhaps will see you there if you’re placed there. Hopefully you’ll get the Reading campus if that’s the one you want. 🙏🤞🏼
Reply 9

So far I know we have a meet and greet on 18th March and induction week from 4th April. I’m assuming will enrol etc in induction week? X
Original post by CharG84
Congratulations, 🎉
I am starting in April at the West London site! So excited. Good luck and perhaps will see you there if you’re placed there. Hopefully you’ll get the Reading campus if that’s the one you want. 🙏🤞🏼

Hi, I'm hoping it's Reading. It does have an R in the box. I could be completely wrong though.

Good luck to you. Just out of interest have you been given a lost of books to buy/read yet. Would love to get started. Thank you. Good luck
Original post by CharG84
So far I know we have a meet and greet on 18th March and induction week from 4th April. I’m assuming will enrol etc in induction week? X

Thank you for those dates. At least I can start to pencil a few things. I would assume that's when we enrol.
Have you been given a reading list to buy/read yet? So many books available but want to get the ones that they recommend. Would like to get ahead of it all. X
Reply 12
Thank you for those dates. At least I can start to pencil a few things. I would assume that's when we enrol.
Have you been given a reading list to buy/read yet? So many books available but want to get the ones that they recommend. Would like to get ahead of it all. X

You’re welcome. Fingers crossed for you being placed in the Reading campus 🤞🏼 They haven’t specified any books to buy yet. I was lucky enough to be given some Myles and Mayes ones to start looking at and anatomy and physiology books.. I’ve also purchased the Ballieres Midwifery dictionary. Not sure if same as reading but have also heard around 2-3 days in uni a week balanced with home learning days, 11th April we start our learning week, then have one week off on 18th April and apparently placement due to start around week 20th June. Good luck. 👍🏼

Hi how is the uni and the course there?
Original post by CharG84
Hello,
Is anyone starting Midwifery course at UWL in
April 2022?
Wondering if anyone has a rough idea when it begins and how the terms/semesters work out for April intake?
😊

hey how are you finding the uni and course rn?

hey, how are you finding the uni and course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending