The Student Room Group

Imperial College - MSc Translational Neuroscience (2022-2023) waitlist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CTR_99
Hey, for people who received an offer for Imperial, what are your undergraduate degrees? I'm doing medicinal chemistry, so not sure if that's exactly what they're looking for

BSc Neuroscience is my undergraduate degree, but I think medicinal chemistry would also be fine since it’s still relevant to the field :smile:
No, haven't heard back yet :frown:( I've applied on the 21st of December though...
Original post by oatyboi
Just wondering- have any of you applied to Cambridge's MPhil in Basic and Translational Neuroscience? I'm applying from a non-neuroscience or med background (maths student), but I have done a 6 month internship in neuroscience.

I’ve also applied. I was a medical student, did 3 years now doing an MSc in neuro at UCL and want to do an MPhil as well before returning to med school :smile:
Original post by rhiannon07
If it’s full already I’d be surprised! Maybe they’re taking a smaller cohort this year? Might be worth sending an email to ask. Fingers crossed they get back to you with better news soon - I’ve seen a couple of posts from people who were on the waiting list and ended up being accepted! :smile:

Yes, that's a good idea. I'm going to email them tomorrow :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Catherinelily
It says I've been placed on the waitlist. I wonder if the program is full! :confused: @anvaya._. @rhiannon07

Heyy guys I was also placed on the waitlist and then exactly a month later, I received an offer from them!
Original post by anvaya._.
Heyy guys I was also placed on the waitlist and then exactly a month later, I received an offer from them!

That's encouraging to hear! :smile:
Yes, that's a good idea. I'm going to email them tomorrow :smile:

Have you heard back from them already, by any chance? :smile:
Original post by Ratatouille357
Have you heard back from them already, by any chance? :smile:

I've not emailed them yet -- I will let you know what they say when I do! Have you been waitlisted as well? My application was sent to the department about an hour before I got my waitlist decision. I originally submitted my application on 20th Dec.
(edited 2 years ago)
I've not emailed them yet -- I will let you know what they say when I do! Have you been waitlisted as well? My application was sent to the department about an hour before I got my waitlist decision. I originally submitted my application on 20th Dec.

No I haven't heard back from them yet... I sent my full application on the 23rd and got an email saying it was sent to the department yesterday... Kinda worried that it's already full :'( Have you applied to any other unis? :smile:
Original post by Ratatouille357
No I haven't heard back from them yet... I sent my full application on the 23rd and got an email saying it was sent to the department yesterday... Kinda worried that it's already full :'( Have you applied to any other unis? :smile:

Yes I've applied to Oxford and UCL! I've not heard back yet, so fingers crossed :smile: Have you?

And do let us know when Imperial responds to you
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 50
Hi! I'm also applying to Translational Neuroscience at Imperial. What undergraduate degrees do you all have? I'm doing psychology, not sure if it counts as a biological science subject though
Reply 51
I'm a pharmacology undergraduate and I received an offer on wednesday of last week :smile:
Anyone else heard anything?
Original post by Ell2021
I'm a pharmacology undergraduate and I received an offer on wednesday of last week :smile:

Congratulations! I am still waitlisted, but I received an offer from Oxford a few days ago, so I will be accepting that :smile: Will you be accepting your Imperial offer?
Does anyone know when the deadline for application actually is? There's nothing specific on the course page itself and I'm a bit worried as my referees haven't replied to me yet! I seem to remember seeing 31st Jan float around, but now I can't find the page where I saw it! Please help!
Congratulations! I am still waitlisted, but I received an offer from Oxford a few days ago, so I will be accepting that :smile: Will you be accepting your Imperial offer?

Congratulations!! Best of luck at Oxford :smile:
Original post by carol.leader
Does anyone know when the deadline for application actually is? There's nothing specific on the course page itself and I'm a bit worried as my referees haven't replied to me yet! I seem to remember seeing 31st Jan float around, but now I can't find the page where I saw it! Please help!

I spoke to someone in Admissions a few months ago about this and they told me there isn’t a strict deadline but they close for applications once they’ve chosen students to fill their places. Their advice to me was to apply as soon as you can, but no strict cut off. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Ell2021

Congrats!! I’ve accepted my offer, are you going to accept yours?
I spoke to someone in Admissions a few months ago about this and they told me there isn’t a strict deadline but they close for applications once they’ve chosen students to fill their places. Their advice to me was to apply as soon as you can, but no strict cut off. Hope this helps :smile:

thank you very much... wish they could be more helpful!
Reply 58
Congrats!! I’ve accepted my offer, are you going to accept yours?

Recently accepted it
Hello! I'm currently on the MSc Translational Neuroscience course. I just finished the taught-component of the programme and I am beginning my 6-month research project this week. Feel free to ask me anything to help you all decide if the course is for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending