The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicphd
Was that for A102 or A100? Because that makes it more confusing as there was only one interview date for GEM last year!

I may be a pessimist, but I'm thinking that no interview invite yesterday means a rejection unless someone cancels.

Oh really :frown:
I found it on the A102 thread but it might be wrong then! :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by asclepeion
Nope, it’s true. Confirmed by an admission officer when I asked. They’ve been doing it for the last few cycles and plan to this year supposedly.

So does this mean you could receive an offer for A102 with no prior contact from King’s about an interview if you’ve already been interviewed for A100?
Reply 42
Original post by lmari
So does this mean you could receive an offer for A102 with no prior contact from King’s about an interview if you’ve already been interviewed for A100?

Yeah. It's one interview if you've applied to both.

This is what Daniel Richards, Central Admission Officer said to me last year:

This year and last year (2020 cycle), applicants who were shortlisted on both the A100 and A102 programmes were invited to a single interview. Decisions on both applications were then based on their performance in this one interview. It is likely that this will also be the case for the next admissions cycle (meaning 2022 entry).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 43
Just wanted to share what I heard from KCL today, for anyone who hasn't heard back yet:

"Our interview period lasts from November to April. Applicants may receive an outcome on their application or an invite to interview at any point during this period, it just depends on how quickly we are able to assess applications. Applicants for our A102 course are still being worked through."

So there is still hope if you haven't received an invite yet! :smile:
Has anyone received a rejection email yet?
Reply 45
Original post by EekPee
Just wanted to share what I heard from KCL today, for anyone who hasn't heard back yet:

"Our interview period lasts from November to April. Applicants may receive an outcome on their application or an invite to interview at any point during this period, it just depends on how quickly we are able to assess applications. Applicants for our A102 course are still being worked through."

So there is still hope if you haven't received an invite yet! :smile:

was this from the self-service message portal thing on KCL Apply?
Reply 46
Original post by asclepeion
was this from the self-service message portal thing on KCL Apply?

It was in Kings Apply, when you click on messages - you can send them a message directly and that's where they've replied (I asked whether all invites had been sent out yet, or whether it is still ongoing) :smile:
So do we think those who still haven’t heard most probably won’t get an invite to interview? Apart from if in the unlikely event we’ve been put on some kind of back up list?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sasha199910
So do we think those who still haven’t heard most probably won’t get an invite to interview? Apart from if in the unlikely event we’ve been put on some kind of back up list?

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Last year invites went out on one day and all the interviews were on the same day. And there’s only ~20 places on the course anyway.

I know someone above posted a reply from admissions that said they were still going through applications, but I think that’s just in case someone pulls out of their interview.

I do wish they would send out rejections though, it would be nice to stop thinking about it.
I just got a rejection, with an odd reason of "your qualifications are not acceptable for direct entry to this programme". But I am doing a medical science degree (more than two-thirds is bioscience as required, actually basically my entire degree is bioscience) in the UK predicting a first. As they are not looking at GCSE and A-Levels, this would be the only qualification they are looking at and I do not understand why it is not acceptable, if they have actually looked at my list of modules given on UCAS.

Imma appeal to the head of school and see what they say (I'm surprised they actually have such procedure). My experience with the KCL admission team has been awful so far, and I've heard they have sent people the wrong response in previous years so I'm hoping it is just a mistake.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Keeperoflegends
I just got a rejection, with an odd reason of "your qualifications are not acceptable for direct entry to this programme". But I am doing a sports medical science degree (more than two-thirds is bioscience as required, actually basically my entire degree is bioscience) in the UK predicting a first. As they are not looking at GCSE and A-Levels, this would be the only qualification they are looking at and I do not understand why it is not acceptable, if they have actually looked at my list of modules given on UCAS.

Imma appeal to the head of school and see what they say (I'm surprised they actually have such procedure). My experience with the KCL admission team has been awful so far, and I've heard they have sent people the wrong response in previous years so I'm hoping it is just a mistake.

Sorry to hear this, at least we know they’re actually going through applications though. Did you get an email from KCL or was it through UCAS?

They have the oddest admissions process, I don’t know of any others that drip feed their rejections, usually they’re out in batches.
(edited 2 years ago)
Sorry to hear this, at least we know they’re actually going through applications though. Did you get an email from KCL or was it through UCAS?

They have the oddest admissions process, I don’t know of any others that drop feed their rejections, usually they’re out in batches.

Through King's apply and UCAS track is not updated yet. I have applied to appeal and will see what happens in 20 days.
Original post by Keeperoflegends
Through King's apply and UCAS track is not updated yet. I have applied to appeal and will see what happens in 20 days.

Good luck!
Congratulations for those who have interviews !I have 3060 B1 1st BSc Neuroscience and No Interview... it is a bit confusing as some people with lower UCAT/degree have interviews - does anyone have suggestions on what it could be that has meant I haven't got an interview and I wonder if other people are feeling the same! Could it be years working? Or needing to have completed/be completing a masters?
Original post by hope4medic10
Congratulations for those who have interviews !I have 3060 B1 1st BSc Neuroscience and No Interview... it is a bit confusing as some people with lower UCAT/degree have interviews - does anyone have suggestions on what it could be that has meant I haven't got an interview and I wonder if other people are feeling the same! Could it be years working? Or needing to have completed/be completing a masters?

the only other thing... last year interviews were in march and this year they are early jan .. could it be this year they are doing them early and in multiple waves ... like a change from last year? i am fearful of being to hopeful haha
Original post by hope4medic10

KCL A102 is infamous for having an incredibly complex admissions criteria. They use a holistic approach so they take UCAT, degree, work experience, personal statement and reference into consideration. So it could be they preferred someone else’s personal statement, reference or work experience even though they have a lower UCAT or degree classification.

There doesn’t really seem to be much of a pattern to their preferences.
(edited 2 years ago)
KCL A102 is infamous for having an incredibly complex admissions criteria. They use a holistic approach so they take UCAT, degree, work experience, personal statement and reference into consideration. So it could be they preferred someone else’s personal statement, reference or work experience even though they have a lower UCAT or degree classification.

There doesn’t really seem to be much of a pattern to their preferences.

thank you for the insight and taking the time to reply :smile: gosh this process is so longgg and frustrating haha
Thought I would log onto Kings Portal to check and it said for 'date last submitted/changed' 11/01/2022 which is today's date!!.
Haven't heard back from them so not sure what it means.
Has anyone else had this? Or am I being silly as it changes every day according to the date?
Original post by carrotmuncher
Thought I would log onto Kings Portal to check and it said for 'date last submitted/changed' 11/01/2022 which is today's date!!.
Has anyone else had this? Or am I being silly as it changes every day according to the date?

I’ve been checking mine periodically and it’s still on the date that submitted it.
Original post by carrotmuncher

i submittied on 14/10 and date last changed is 3/12/21 ... no idea what this means .. i'm yet to hear anything either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending