Covid 19 vaccines

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Meg192501
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I’m 20 and have been debating back and forth wether to get the vaccine or not. I’ve asked my doctor and he didn’t sound confident when advising me. I’m not looking for conspiracy theories or anything and I’m not an anti vaxer but I’m just looking to know what are peoples reasons for getting/not getting it?
..I used to have no problem with needles but a bad experience getting bloods done a while back has sent me over the edge.
…I’m afraid of the unknown and i guess I’m being stubborn because it’s being made to feel like a decision that’s not my own.
…also the theory that it effected fertility is in my head and I don’t think it would matter if I seen someone had a baby after it. It’s like once something has been put there it’s there.
Also the side effects of the injections you get as a baby didn’t come out until 2/3+ years after. It was also developed real quick and I guess I don’t understand why there are different vaccines but the same purpose? It’s all so confusing

Mod Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 4 months ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Reasons for: Protecting others, protecting myself, wanting to prevent a lockdown.
Against: none
The needles for vaccines are a lot thinner than the ones for blood tests, you'll likely not feel much from it. I have both doses of the pfizer vaccine and didn't experience any side effects. As you can see from the NHS, there's no evidence that the COVID vaccine affects fertility. You can read this to find the difference between the pfizer, moderna and az vaccines.
Greebo85
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It’s less confusing if you look at medical research.
Baby immunisation should not be an issue here, it’s safe & effective and has saved many lives.
Please completely disregard the autism/MMR business (complete rubbish that has led to the spread of a bad disease that we had under control)
Developing the covid vaccine has been relatively quick because we were facing a deadly virus that was killing thousands.
The science is there
There were no short cuts, it was fast tracked due to the urgency.
It works
Get vaccinated
Meg192501
Rep:
I think I’m just going to go get it some day via a walk in centre so I can’t overthink it.i had covid 5weeks ago so I also want to get checked out as I have found for a 20 year old I haven’t got a breath after walking up the stairs. I also work in a bar and a fight broke out a few weeks ago and I could hardly breath wether it was anxiety or the physical aspect
madygh13
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Covid affects your lungs. It gets so bad that people have a hard time breathing and doing things that otherwise they would be doing normally. There are also doubts on it affecting brain functioning and causing brain fog.

I’ve lost someone dear to me because of living in a place where we didn’t have access to vaccination. The only thing I would urge people to do would be to please get the vaccine and save yourself and others. Future problems only present themselves if you are alive in the first place.

Please, get vaccinated people.
penguinsrock
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Blood tests are much longer in time than vaccines. I’m absolutely petrified of blood tests for the reason that it takes longer and they have to find your vein. For the vaccines it’s only a few seconds and they don’t need to search for your vein.
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
My reason for getting the vaccine - thousands of people dying from covid versus thousands of people feeling totally fine after the vaccine. Saw the risks of getting is as minimal.
Meg192501
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
My reason for getting the vaccine - thousands of people dying from covid versus thousands of people feeling totally fine after the vaccine. Saw the risks of getting is as minimal.
Millions also have it and are fine
Meg192501
Rep:
There is more than one pandemic I don’t see why covid is being made such a huge deal after this long. We’re just going to have to get on with it
randybobandy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Meg192501)
There is more than one pandemic I don’t see why covid is being made such a huge deal after this long. We’re just going to have to get on with it
Which other current or recent pandemics do you think are comparable to Covid?
Bigfrodge
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Because it spreads extremely fast and mutates very very quickly, as we have seen. We do have to just get on with it but part of that is getting vaccinated.

Just get the vaccine lol
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
So I’m 20 and have been debating back and forth wether to get the vaccine or not. I’ve asked my doctor and he didn’t sound confident when advising me. I’m not looking for conspiracy theories or anything and I’m not an anti vaxer but I’m just looking to know what are peoples reasons for getting/not getting it?
..I used to have no problem with needles but a bad experience getting bloods done a while back has sent me over the edge.
…I’m afraid of the unknown and i guess I’m being stubborn because it’s being made to feel like a decision that’s not my own.
…also the theory that it effected fertility is in my head and I don’t think it would matter if I seen someone had a baby after it. It’s like once something has been put there it’s there.
Also the side effects of the injections you get as a baby didn’t come out until 2/3+ years after. It was also developed real quick and I guess I don’t understand why there are different vaccines but the same purpose? It’s all so confusing
Hi Meg xx

I'm going to reassure you that the covid19 vaccine don't affect your fertility or even if you was currently pregnant it still safe okay,

I'm a NHS registered midwife in labor ward of hospital maternity unit and all the recent mums to be who gave birth over the last year has all been vaccinated prior & during pregnancy since the WHO/ JCVI has stated it is safe to use in pregnancy.

You won't feel a thing with it as its in & out within milliseconds.

Best thing is for you is to get it but its your decision OK as you don't know if you are carrying this virus or not......
j25_8
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Millions more have had it and not been fine. This thing has killed healthy little kids which are the demographic that are supposed to be the most immune to the virus. Don’t play Russian roulette with your health because of some pseudo intelligent hooligans on the internet mate…besides what do you have to lose? If you have a job or go to school, I reckon at least 60% of them are vaccinated. Why don’t you ask them if they’re being tracked by bill gates, or if they developed autism after getting the shot? There’s nothing stopping you from just asking them how they reacted to it. If you want to save your time though: the most they’ll tell you is that they felt mildly sick for a few days/1 or two weeks before feeling fine again. I know I’d rather feel sick for a few weeks and never again after that than have reduced lung capacity for many years onward and potentially die. I’m telling you some people truly do not mind leading people to an early death if it means they get to look smart for 5 minutes on the internet for “standing up to the government”. This is a long way of me saying u might aswell get it
Last edited by j25_8; 4 months ago
ScarletAH
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Absolutely get it! I got mine purely to travel. In young and healthy and have had covid before. I hate needles but genuinely it does not hurt at all- it’s more of the thought of the needles. It’s not the unknowing, it is clear as to what happens as millions of people have had it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Always trust your gut instinct.
It is your body, your healthcare and your right to decide upon your own medical choices.
I won't be having any covid vaccines.
Only vaccine I've had is the oral polio dose.
Good luck!
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
The number of people who have died from Covid or have long-lasting effects from it are much, much higher than the number of people who dies from the vaccine though.
Meg192501
Rep:
(Original post by randybobandy)
Which other current or recent pandemics do you think are comparable to Covid?
Suicide
Mental health crisis
Cancer
To name a couple…
Meg192501
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
The number of people who have died from Covid or have long-lasting effects from it are much, much higher than the number of people who dies from the vaccine though.
I have long covid and I’m only 20 but I don’t feel having the vaccine wouldve made a difference
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I have long covid and I’m only 20 but I don’t feel having the vaccine wouldve made a difference
There is evidence that it does reduce the risk of long Covid.

I'm not encouraging anyone to get the vaccine, I am just saying why I have chosen to get it - I don't really care what other people do.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Suicide
Mental health crisis
Cancer
To name a couple…
None of these are communicable diseases.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (138)
29.49%
It went fairly well (223)
47.65%
It didn't go too well (68)
14.53%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.33%

Watched Threads