The Student Room Group

Higher Biology

I'm thinking about crashing higher biology (without doing Nat5 of course) next year - as I want to study medicine. Can someone tell me how hard it is? Is it similar to Chemistry and Physics?
Original post by thegoodstudent06
I'm thinking about crashing higher biology (without doing Nat5 of course) next year - as I want to study medicine. Can someone tell me how hard it is? Is it similar to Chemistry and Physics?

Basically a lot of memorisation of text if you have a good memory do it .
i find it much easier than chemistry but i guess it depends on where your strengths lie. it's A LOT of memorising but the content is quite interesting. i think it'd be relatively easy to crash higher.
Original post by cravitayz
i find it much easier than chemistry but i guess it depends on where your strengths lie. it's A LOT of memorising but the content is quite interesting. i think it'd be relatively easy to crash higher.

Ok pick it ✅🤝👍
Original post by thegoodstudent06

It is different from Chem and Physics, but it's definitely doable at a crash HIgher as long as you look at some of the N5 related topics as you go through the course.
Reply 5
I think it's probably the easiest science to crash as it's less about understanding and more about memorisation. I have a couple of friends who have crashed higher bio and they're not struggling to keep up with the course!
Yeah - I'm doing Higher Biology right now, and I think it'd be ok to crash. There's a lot of content to memorise, but you don't really have to understand it. It's quite straightforward though. Definitely have a look at some of the N5 content as preparation, but I hardly ever have to refer to my N5 knowledge for Higher, as it's mostly completely new concepts. I know someone who's crashing Higher this year as well, and they're finding it just fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending