The Student Room Group

Dressing appropriate to generation

Is there any such thing
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I guess it’s just more a case of bras being associated as underwear and always under some kind of top whereas bikini tops aren’t, they’re made to be worn with nothing over them. I guess you could walk around in a bra but you’d be bound to get weird looks, similar to if a guy walked around in his boxers.
Reply 2
I think I get the impression that bikinis and sports bra like the one in the link are fine but like lingerie bras are a no? Also as the person above said bikinis and sports bras are viewed as actual tops compared to lingerie which is not.
Reply 3
Original post by Son of the Sea
I guess it’s just more a case of bras being associated as underwear and always under some kind of top whereas bikini tops aren’t, they’re made to be worn with nothing over them. I guess you could walk around in a bra but you’d be bound to get weird looks, similar to if a guy walked around in his boxers.

Makes sense, never looked at it that way before. Even though it may be obvious to you I often miss logic like this no idea why
I
Please just wear a t-shirt
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
Please just wear a t-shirt

No one else does when training in summer most of the guys take their shirts off
I've seen many people just wearing what you've linked in your original post, so I think it should be fine.
I've seen loads of women wearing sports bras like that. Seems pretty normal to me.

Doesn't even look like a bra it looks like an actual top lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Redfrost

wish they would keep their shirts on too

Guys take off their t-shirt because they wanna create an ego, and assert their manliness to the other males.

It has nothing to do with how hot they are, a loose thin t-shirt will if anything keep you cooler than no t-shirt
wish they would keep their shirts on too

Why's that?
Original post by Jonathanツ
Guys take off their t-shirt because they wanna create an ego, and assert their manliness to the other males.

It has nothing to do with how hot they are, a loose thin t-shirt will if anything keep you cooler than no t-shirt

Nah mostly it's because it's hot outside lol. You're just being insecure and projecting.
Original post by cleveranimal56
Why's that?

not a fan of looking at half naked people
Reply 13

For training yuh just wear a sports one like the nike one in the link lol
I wouldn't usually go around wearing it for no reason though

Not a beach guy then?

close your eyes then lol.
Original post by cleveranimal56
Not a beach guy then?

me? no
Original post by Chicken.M.
Nah mostly it's because it's hot outside lol. You're just being insecure and projecting.

Nice of you to think that, but some of my mates which are professional fighters with six-packs and all the nice shiz, even they agree that guys who show off (especially in places where there are people who are fat and already feel uncomfortable with being in a place surrounded by shredded dudes) are just **** heads. Obviously, it's perfectly fine to have a nice body and show it off at the beach, in your garden, or on holiday. But as the OP is talking about sports, it's not usually that appropriate (unless you just won a footy match and want to run around the pitch like a mad man)
Original post by Jonathanツ
Nice of you to think that, but some of my mates which are professional fighters with six-packs and all the nice shiz, even they agree that guys who show off (especially in places where there are people who are fat and already feel uncomfortable with being in a place surrounded by shredded dudes) are just **** heads. Obviously, it's perfectly fine to have a nice body and show it off at the beach, in your garden, or on holiday. But as the OP is talking about sports, it's not usually that appropriate (unless you just won a footy match and want to run around the pitch like a mad man)

I highly doubt your friends said people who take their shirts off when it's hot outside are **** heads lol. It's such a normal thing to do I see people doing it every time it's sunny at the park. Even the women do it and start sun bathing. The sun only comes out a couple times a year in UK so people make the most of it.
Original post by Chicken.M.
It's such a normal thing to do I see people doing it every time it's sunny at the park.

And they look absolutely ridiculous doing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending