The Student Room Group

Do you wear washing-up gloves?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosy_posy
I don't really get dirt on my skin. What do you do that makes your skin dirty?

Germs/dirt, same thing :tongue:
Reply 21
I wear them now more than I used to but that's cuz it's ruining my hands
no they mess up my fur
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Germs/dirt, same thing :tongue:

Oh I thought you meant dirt you could see, like mud.
Not usually no.

My son does though
Used to wear them, until I found out my hands were drying up more when I put them on, than off.
yes. not a fan of water travelling up my arms and clothes :s-smilie: i even roll up my shirt
(edited 2 years ago)
never.
No not for the dishes - but I'd wear rubber/washing-up gloves for cleaning things like the toilet :tongue:
Yep I do. I can’t stand not doing it because there’s some leftovers on the plates that I can’t use my bare hands to clean. My mum has always used her hands though and my grandma and aunts and basically everyone.
Original post by 5hyl33n
My flatmates were shocked to see that I wear washing-up gloves when I’m washing my dishes! :curious: The reason I wear them is to protect my hands from drying out and not wearing them generally irks me. :biggrin:

Yes - both because washing-up liquid gives me contact dermatitis now, possibly due to not using gloves all the time in the past. More importantly, gloves help protect my hands from the scalding water we have in our house - it's usually 73°C by choice, so not something you want to be dipping a naked hand into. I do put some cold in it!
Always, will refuse to wash up without them.

I also think I rock a pair of pink washing up gloves :cool:
I wear them for cleaning the bathroom because it's gross to touch, I don't usually wear them for washing up though. I probably should because my hands get so dry and cracked but I'd need another pair.
Original post by 5hyl33n
My flatmates were shocked to see that I wear washing-up gloves when I’m washing my dishes! :curious: The reason I wear them is to protect my hands from drying out and not wearing them generally irks me. :biggrin:

I don’t
I just don’t wash up tho
Too likely to have an allergic reaction to dish soap and other products
Yes. But I do several days' worth of washing up in one go so it takes a while. When I'm just washing one cup, I don't bother.
nope !!!!!
Reply 36
Original post by the bear
no they mess up my fur

But you don't want your paws to get sore and cracked and too dry.:nope:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Cote1
But you don't want your paws to get sore and cracked and too dry.:nope:

i always use mild green furry liquid

:rofl:
Reply 38
Original post by the bear
i always use mild green furry liquid

:rofl:

:smile: Mild but effective at removing tannin after bruin a pot. The polar opposite of Tesco's. I need to wear gloves much more as my hands get very dry now!
Never for washing up but I do if I'm cleaning the bathroom/shower as the cleaning stuff severely dries out my skin

Quick Reply

Latest