The Student Room Group

Tired of revision

I am lacking the motivation to study for my exam next week :afraid::afraid:

Please can someone help me find the motivation to get through the next week. I find my self getting distracted very easily!
Original post by master y
I am lacking the motivation to study for my exam next week :afraid::afraid:

Please can someone help me find the motivation to get through the next week. I find my self getting distracted very easily!

I have been feeling this most of the time. I would suggest:

1. Think WHY you are studying - potential aspirations like Uni degrees, job etc.
2. Make a plan - make a revision timetable it can honestly motivate you a lot. Primrosekitten.com has some that you can buy.
3. Reward yourselves - maybe reward yourself with some chocolate, sweets etc. after youve done an hour
4. PomoDoro Method - some brains cannot work for an entire hour. Split your hour into chunks. 20 minutes revise, 5 minutes break. Repeat this three times then take an hours break. Repeat the entire thing again.

Hope this helps :smile:
Im in the exact same position as you right now, Im even on TSR instead of revising right now :s-smilie:
try to eliminate distractions as much as possible- go into a quiet room, and maybe put your phone in another so you are not tempted. Revise in short bursts of 15-20 mins or so, and then have a short break, in another room if you can.
Notebook

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending