The Student Room Group

H&sc unit 4- health article

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yahmar
Hello,
From my last forum, I have been receiving a lot of PM's for this unit, so
this is for anyone who is carrying out research for physical inactivity. NOT SOCIAL! as a lot of people seems confused on the research.

Question 1) Method
Include aim, strength, weakness, type of data, suitability, reliability, validity, conclusion, and quotes to support.

I will provide one example for the following, do the same for the other method used.
ITS
It's a quasi-experimental approach that uses data from multiple time intervals (2005-2014) before and after an intervention to determine whether the intervention had a greater effect.
Advantages
- Easy and quick to analyse and draw conclusions.
- Cost effective and time effective.
- allows researchers to compare long-term time trends in data to measure the impact of an initiative.
Disadvantages:
- People may enter without swiping their membership card therefore it not being entered on the system, or participants could transfer between activities inside a leisure facility. If the level of error increased before and after the intervention, these errors might contribute to bias.

You would then do the same for the other methods that was used. In this case: Random telephone survey.

Question2) Importance
This would include the IMPORTANCE of research for individuals, professionals and wider society.

For example: Individuals
"Physical inactivity is linked to a wide range of physical and mental health outcomes and is estimated to cost the National Health Service (NHS) £455 million a year" - From Article provided.
Secondary research to support-
"the UK population is around 20% less active than in the 1960s. If current trends continue, it will be 35% less active by 2030" (Physical activity: applying All Our Health 2019).
A good way to make a link would be to say "this would be supported by___" and then implement your contextual analysis.

You would have to reference, and provide contextual knowledge for the secondary research provided. You would need a total of 4 points. Talking of the importance: for individuals, professionals and wider society. I have provided the first one for you.

Question 3) Provision + Practice
1) explain how the article and secondary research can change provision + practice (recommendation) and provide recommendation.

For example: Policy and practice-
"funding such as local government public health grants or health service funds to be invested in subsidising leisure facilities to promote public health"

You would then find secondary research to support implications and what recommendations can be made. Finish it off by concluding. Include the 4 purpose of research.

Please use the examples I have provided to carry out the rest of the research. As usual, I'm happy to mark and offer feedback on any drafted responses prior to anyone's mocks (free of charge). If there's further confusion please see the band marks attached.

hi what secondary article can I use for activity 1 im struggling to find any
Hi, is the Interrupted time series ( ITS) method quantitative or qualitative?
Does anyone know the pros and cons of difference in differences analysis method? TID
Hi im struggling with the social article for activity 2
Reply 43
Hello, is the health article quantitative or bother quantitative and qualitative
Reply 44
Original post by Parisjnh
heyy so am i what’s your email so I can send u something that has really really helped me? :smile:

hello, do you know whether the health article is quantitative or both quantitative and qualitative?
Reply 45
Original post by billsj
Health research is provided,because it aims to prevent health inequalities. Research studies are used to diagnose disease and prevent health problems through an intervention approach. It is used to prevent recurrences or development of disease and reduce the number of people who become i'll,improving survival rates,lower mortality rates and to decrease the demand on HSC practice. (5)it's important to research to promote physical activity,due to multiple benefits. Physical activity, within the recommended standards by the WHO,causes lower health inequality and cardiovascular mortality. Also physical activity reduces the devekionebt of chronic disease, also promotes healthy cognitive and psychosocial functions.
somthing like this

hello, do you know whether the health article is quantitative or both quantitative and qualitative?
Reply 46
Original post by stuDYING 1234
The methods used In the health article are pretty much all quantitative

thank you, what are the methods
Original post by ken1275

i'm doing the social article sorry i cant help
can anyone help me with the advantages and disadvantages of random telephone survey ( health article)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zamzama.ahmed
can anyon ehelp me with the advantages and disadvantages of APS

easy to conduct, less time consuming, reliable as participants are asked the same questions.
Do you know if the Interrupted time series ( ITS) method quantitative or qualitative?

and the pros and cons of difference in differences analysis method?
Original post by Parisjnh
i'm doing the social article sorry i cant help

do you know what reaserch meathods are used in the social one. only started revising for this properly today :/
Reply 51
good luck for results
Original post by Annakirkwood
good luck for results

Thanks! So happy with what I got. Thanks for all the help on this thread.
Reply 53
Hi, can you send me your email so I can send you my draft. i have my mocks on monday and i just found your thread. this is urgent please help me, thank you
Hi, i am currently doing unit 4 with the article about 'keeping control: exploring mental health service users perspective on targeted violence and abuse' is there any possible way you could set out a page like you did for inactivity and help me for my article im really struggling :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending