The Student Room Group

i cant find motivation to revise. any tips?

I've tried everything - from writing out a list of reasons why I should start to force myself to complete a chapter but in the end, i get super burnt out and go back to procrastinating. I lack a lot of self-discipline but would still really like to get 8s and 9s in my GCSEs. I'm in year 11 and they're so close now and I am fully aware that i won't be able to achieve my dream career if I keep up like this but for some reason, this does not stress me out at all - I have just stopped caring
Reply 1
Original post by xtras
I've tried everything - from writing out a list of reasons why I should start to force myself to complete a chapter but in the end, i get super burnt out and go back to procrastinating. I lack a lot of self-discipline but would still really like to get 8s and 9s in my GCSEs. I'm in year 11 and they're so close now and I am fully aware that i won't be able to achieve my dream career if I keep up like this but for some reason, this does not stress me out at all - I have just stopped caring

I think everyone struggles with burnout and it's perfectly normal - perhaps make a revision timetable where you don't force yourself to do hours and hours of work! The Pomodoro technique is quite good in terms of you do 20/25 minutes of work and then give yourself a 5 minute break before continuing to work. Try to limit your study time everyday to around 2/3 hours and be sure to have a day in the week where you do no work at all to make sure you avoid burn out!! It might be helpful, before you start work, to write a to-do list of what you want to do and break the tasks down into digestible chunks and not be vague such as "Go over Chapter 1". Instead put "Answer questions on pg 18", so it doesn't seem as daunting. It's understandable to feel stressed at this point and if you feel like your burnout is super overwhelming, give yourself a break for a week or two where you just complete your homework and do no revision to let your brain recharge. I hope this may be some helpful tips - if you wanna find out more, there's plenty of Youtube videos that talk about how to structure revision in a manageable way! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending