The Student Room Group

Family member of EU citizen and student finance

Hi,

I need Clarification on how to access student finance loan,my situation is as follows:
I'm a spouse of EU citizens,my husband(EU citizen) is with a settled status and I'm a non EU citizen with a pre status with less than one year residency in the Uk/EU.
Can i apply for student finance?

Thanks possible response.

Glory

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gloryo
Hi,

I need Clarification on how to access student finance loan,my situation is as follows:
I'm a spouse of EU citizens,my husband(EU citizen) is with a settled status and I'm a non EU citizen with a pre status with less than one year residency in the Uk/EU.

Glory

Good Morning Glory,

If you have 3 years residency within the EU, EEA or Switzerland for the 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course then you may be eligible for EU funding (Tuition Fee Loan).

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Reply 2
Original post by Shaun SFE
Good Morning Glory,

If you have 3 years residency within the EU, EEA or Switzerland for the 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course then you may be eligible for EU funding (Tuition Fee Loan).

Warm Regards,

Shaun.

Thank you for the response.
But what do I need to prove the 3 years residency within the EU?
Original post by Gloryo
Thank you for the response.
But what do I need to prove the 3 years residency within the EU?

You would just complete the application and inform us of the address history.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Reply 4
Thank you very much for the information.
Original post by Gloryo
Thank you very much for the information.

You're most welcome :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Gloryo
Hi,

Glory

Good morning,

Can I apply as a family member of EU migrant worker. Since my spouse is with a settled status and working full time here in the UK.
Original post by Gloryo
Good morning,

Can I apply as a family member of EU migrant worker. Since my spouse is with a settled status and working full time here in the UK.

Hi Glory, have you been awarded pre settled status?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Glory, have you been awarded pre settled status?
Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac,
Yes,I have a pre settled status.
Original post by Gloryo
Hello Isaac,
Yes,I have a pre settled status.

You can apply as the spouse of a Migrant Worker by sending the evidence listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
You can apply as the spouse of a Migrant Worker by sending the evidence listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac,
My husband is an EU citizen with settled status and s full time university student. Can I also be eligible for students finance tuition fees and maintenance loan with my pre status and here in England for over 3 years.
Thanks for your anticipated Response.
G
Reply 11
Hello all, please help if you can
My husband is an EU citizen with settled status and s full time university student. Can I also be eligible for students finance tuition fees and maintenance loan with my pre status and here in England for over 3 years.
Thanks for your anticipated Response
Original post by Gloryo
Hello Isaac,
Thanks for your anticipated Response.
G

Original post by Gloryo
Hello all, please help if you can
Thanks for your anticipated Response

Hi Gloryo, apologies for the delayed response.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 13
Hi Gloryo, apologies for the delayed response.

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the response.
1.Nursing, university of Greenwich, London
2. 35 years old
3. African,non EU citizen with pre settled status, spouse of EU with settled status. Over 3 years resident in UK/EU country
4. No previous University study
Original post by Gloryo
Thanks for the response.
1.Nursing, university of Greenwich, London
2. 35 years old
3. African,non EU citizen with pre settled status, spouse of EU with settled status. Over 3 years resident in UK/EU country
4. No previous University study

What is your exact status in the UK awarded by the home office? Do you have pre settled status yourself?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 15
What is your exact status in the UK awarded by the home office? Do you have pre settled status yourself?

Thanks, Isaac

I have a pre settled status
Original post by Gloryo
I have a pre settled status

With your pre settled status you can apply as a family member of an EU National to apply for the EU Tuition Fee only funding
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

You could apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker if you meet the eligibility criteria as per our guidance below.

To be eligible the student must be;

An EU/EEA or Swiss National (or a family member* of)
The student (and their family member) must have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of their course. The student should provide share codes on their paper application form.
Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have β€˜pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

You can find out more about the Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 17
With your pre settled status you can apply as a family member of an EU National to apply for the EU Tuition Fee only funding
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

You could apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker if you meet the eligibility criteria as per our guidance below.

To be eligible the student must be;

An EU/EEA or Swiss National (or a family member* of)
The student (and their family member) must have been granted Pre Settled Status prior to the first day of the first AY of their course. The student should provide share codes on their paper application form.
Ordinary resident in the UK, Gibraltar, the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have β€˜pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

You can find out more about the Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Isaac

Good morning Isaac and thank you for the response.
What about the maintenance loan,will I be eligible?
Thanks
Original post by Gloryo
Good morning Isaac and thank you for the response.
What about the maintenance loan,will I be eligible?
Thanks

Good morning :smile:

You can only be entitled to receive a Maintenance Loan if you apply as a family member of a Migrant Worker and are deemed eligible - if you are not deemed eligible then you will only be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan as a family member of an EU National. I'd advise you to apply as soon as possible.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi I am a family member of eu citizen but we have separated but I have leave for 4years now in uk and have pre settled stuta can I apply for student loans .my hausband have settled status in uk

Quick Reply

Latest