The Student Room Group

Spanish writing??

I have a Spanish writing mock in a few days, besides what you would expect, does anyone have any tips to get a higher level (I'm year nine and getting a 6 atm) i.e. any specific extra high level phrases or something I could add in?
tell us more
Original post by p :)
I have a Spanish writing mock in a few days, besides what you would expect, does anyone have any tips to get a higher level (I'm year nine and getting a 6 atm) i.e. any specific extra high level phrases or something I could add in?

I know you'll have had your mock by now but I'll give you some tips anyway for the future. Also, you're year 9. You've got all the time in the world so don't stress about it.

(btw I do AQA Higher Spanish and get 8s and 9s so this'll apply to that)
Make sure you're always giving opinions and reasons for things e.g. "Me gustan los deportes porque son muy enriquecedors" (I like sports because they're very enriching)
Don't use "divertido" for everything! Try more complex adjectives like "gracioso" (funny) or "entretenido" (entertaining)
Try and link things to the past or future e.g. "Vivo en Londres ahora mismo pero en el futuro me gustaría vivir en Madrid" (I live in London right now but in the future I would like to live in Madrid)
Having a few good sentence starters up you're sleeve can also really help. For me, that's always "a mi modo de ver" (the way I see it) but there are plenty of other good ones out there

Hope this helps!
Sorry to be pedantic but in the above post it should be “enriquecedores”, not “enriquecedors”. One letter difference, I know, but why lose even one mark over that mistake!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Sorry to be pedantic but in the above post it should be “enriquecedores”, not “enriquecedors”. One letter difference, I know, but why lose even one mark over that mistake!

Oh yeah, sorry. Did know that just mistyped.
Reply 5
Original post by BlueyRaspberry
I know you'll have had your mock by now but I'll give you some tips anyway for the future. Also, you're year 9. You've got all the time in the world so don't stress about it.

(btw I do AQA Higher Spanish and get 8s and 9s so this'll apply to that)
Make sure you're always giving opinions and reasons for things e.g. "Me gustan los deportes porque son muy enriquecedors" (I like sports because they're very enriching)
Don't use "divertido" for everything! Try more complex adjectives like "gracioso" (funny) or "entretenido" (entertaining)
Try and link things to the past or future e.g. "Vivo en Londres ahora mismo pero en el futuro me gustaría vivir en Madrid" (I live in London right now but in the future I would like to live in Madrid)
Having a few good sentence starters up you're sleeve can also really help. For me, that's always "a mi modo de ver" (the way I see it) but there are plenty of other good ones out there

Hope this helps!

Thank you! Will use for the next one thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending