The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

8 year old girls have a very different fat distribution and physical structure to teenage girls & adult women.
Most 8yr olds have not started puberty and will experience their most drastic height increases in their teen years.
I’m not really sure what the point of this thread is?
Original post by londonmyst
8 year old girls have a very different fat distribution and physical structure to teenage girls & adult women.
Most 8yr olds have not started puberty and will experience their most drastic height increases in their teen years.

Idk 🤷*♀️ I was just really surprised that I can fit in a size 0 and a 8 year old can even tho their skinny and I’m not like wtf 😳
Reply 4
Maybe they wanted to get clothes that were slightly looser and more grown-up. Also, quite a lot of tighter fitting things can be worn by people with a smaller size quite comfortably. Primark isn't really the best with its sizing either. I don't think it really matters at the end of the day so long as the clothing isn't causing any harm from being too tight or something. Also, I wear my parent's clothes sometimes and we are not the same size so eh.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Rip_itsgrace:)
i don’t get it 🤔

My reaction exactly when I read this thread.
Original post by coco:)
Maybe they wanted to get clothes that were slightly looser and more grown-up. Also, quite a lot of tighter fitting things can be worn by people with a smaller size quite comfortably. Primark isn't really the best with its sizing either. I don't think it really matters at the end of the day so long as the clothing isn't causing any harm from being too tight or something. Also, I wear my parent's clothes sometimes and we are not the same size so eh.

I’m sorry but it does matter to me cuz people think I have disordered eating So I worry bout those things ! 😬
Original post by hungrysalamander
I still don't know how number sizes work so you do you I guess.

Size 4 U.K. is the smallest women’s size (unless you find the odd size 2 in ASOS). It’s typical for teenagers and even children to fit into that size depending on the garment (E.g. a tight crop top or something). The OP has a weight-obsessed posting history so the reason for this thread is anyone’s guess.
Original post by 0ptics
My reaction exactly when I read this thread.

Ha lol 😂
Reply 9
I’m sorry but it does matter to me cuz people think I have disordered eating So I worry bout those things ! 😬

I'm sorry if you found that inconsiderate.
Idk 🤷*♀️ I was just really surprised that I can fit in a size 0 and a 8 year old can even tho their skinny and I’m not like wtf 😳

A lot of your recent threads are all about weight either shaming yourself/others/your eating habits. Speak to a GP instead of spreading triggering ed content.
Original post by coco:)
I'm sorry if you found that inconsiderate.

It’s fine im the one that posted this so it’s my fault 🤦*♀️ im just trying to get my feelings out (how sad) lol 😂
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Size 4 U.K. is the smallest women’s size (unless you find the odd size 2 in ASOS). It’s typical for teenagers and even children to fit into that size depending on the garment (E.g. a tight crop top or something). The OP has a weight-obsessed posting history so the reason for this thread is anyone’s guess.

Yeah TSR doesn't seem to be the best place for these issues and it is a bit excessive to be fixated on someone else's size.
Original post by isabelbelle
A lot of your recent threads are all about weight either shaming yourself/others/your eating habits. Speak to a GP instead of spreading triggering ed content.

well I’m not responsible for other peoples feelings and it helps me so go do one and btw I don’t shame others like where did u get that **** from ???
Judging from OP's post history, you should see a GP about your problems. Being 47kg is not fat or chubby at all.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=96494547&highlight=
well I’m not responsible for other peoples feelings and it helps me so go do one and btw I don’t shame others like where did u get that **** from ???

Your posts are so focused on weight for no real reason, you're 14 and spreading rhetoric that is triggering for eds. You ARE responsible because your posts offer nothing for debate and nothing for answering, I don't understand why so many posts on the same topic - what do you want? Do you want to be told you have an ed? Do you want to be told you're skinny? Because that's what it seems like by making so many posts just to throw out your measurements and post triggering weight content. Get a grip and go to a GP lmao

You claimed on your other thread to eat nothing for days and on the odd occasion you do, it’s “2-3 snacks” - that is the classic example of disordered eating.
Yeah TSR doesn't seem to be the best place for these issues and it is a bit excessive to be fixated on someone else's size.

PRSOM.
Judging from OP's post history, you should see a GP about your problems. Being 47kg is not fat or chubby at all.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=96494547&highlight=

And you’ve just tried telling a disordered eating freak that ! Just saying , I know u didn’t know I had that problem but it’s fine :smile:
And you’ve just tried telling a disordered eating freak that ! Just saying , I know u didn’t know I had that problem but it’s fine :smile:

That's why I told you to see your GP.

Latest