The Student Room Group

Student finance and accommodation

Hi
I have had a look online but i'm unsure on when I should be applying for accommodation. Should I be applying for this once I have picked my firm choice?

Also, when applying for student finance I have read that you can apply before having a confirmed choice. If it asks for a choice should I be putting one in that I have received an offer from?
You can start applying for student finance before your offer is confirmed, but you would use your first choice and make an alteration later if you need to. I have undergone the alteration process; it's online and very easy to amend within a few clicks.

Deadlines for accommodation applications vary from uni to uni, and you'll have to check the individual uni's website. Which unis are you applying to?
You will be emailed by your Firm Uni about when applications for their accomodation opens - usually around Easter.
Reply 3
Original post by ArcticChimera
You can start applying for student finance before your offer is confirmed, but you would use your first choice and make an alteration later if you need to. I have undergone the alteration process; it's online and very easy to amend within a few clicks.

Deadlines for accommodation applications vary from uni to uni, and you'll have to check the individual uni's website. Which unis are you applying to?

I have applied for 5 unis by 2 haven't offered me the course I'm wanting. I am still waiting to hear from Manchester and Edinburgh but I have had an interview with Leeds.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You will be emailed by your Firm Uni about when applications for their accomodation opens - usually around Easter.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending