The Student Room Group

Struggling with what course to choose

I want to go to University to get a degree and become extremely knowledgable in a subject. I haven’t been in education for 4 1/2 years, and I’m struggling to find a course at the uni I want to go to (UEW Bristol). Can anyone recommend their course? I still need to look at jobs from a graduates perspective and find what type of career I’m looking for. So far I’m looking at Computer Science, though I’ve heard this is very hard and have never learnt coding.

Also, is 23 too old to start uni?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by mg318
I want to go to University to get a degree and become extremely knowledgable in a subject. I haven’t been in education for 4 1/2 years, and I’m struggling to find a course at the uni I want to go to (UEW Bristol). Can anyone recommend their course? I still need to look at jobs from a graduates perspective and find what type of career I’m looking for. So far I’m looking at Computer Science, though I’ve heard this is very hard and have never learnt coding.

Also, is 23 too old to start uni?

Thanks in advance :smile:

23 is not old to start uni. What is your career goal? You should choose a course based on what you would like to do in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by Studentplug
23 is not old to start uni. What is your career goal? You should choose a course based on what you would like to do in the future.

I’m struggling to decide on a career goal! So many options, it’s quite daunting as there are many things I find interesting!

I feel like if I make the wrong choice it will really set me back in life… I’ve been trying to decide over the last few years on a career path, I guess I need to choose the one I think I would enjoy the most! :smile:
Original post by mg318
I’m struggling to decide on a career goal! So many options, it’s quite daunting as there are many things I find interesting!

I feel like if I make the wrong choice it will really set me back in life… I’ve been trying to decide over the last few years on a career path, I guess I need to choose the one I think I would enjoy the most! :smile:

Attend a career goal seminar around you. So many institutions offer such seminars to students which is really helpful.
imo you pretty much have one shot at uni one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted
so might as well ensure you pick the right course in fact even if going to uni is right for you
because later on in life you can't just go back willy nilly cos you're already massively in debt from your first degree and now have proper adult commitments and responsibilities
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
What are your qualifications? I think you would still need to meet the entry requirements so having a look at your current qualifications could help you decide what you want to do. However, if you don't have the right ones you could always try and gain them/retake if you're set on a certain career. Also, have you had a look at any apprenticeships just in case you feel going to University is not right for you? But 23 is definitely not too late to do to university and chase your ambitions! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending