The Student Room Group

Morrisons Graduate Scheme - Assessment Centre 2020

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is attending the Morrison's assessment centre 28th January? I have been told make sure I am familiar with the companies core values but I can't find them anywhere on the Morrison's website or google. The only thing I can find are Morrison's six main priorities for 2020 but I don't think these are the same as their values. If anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I had an assessment centre on 9th Jan. I struggled to find their core values but it wasn't a problem. It;s mostly customer driven, efficiency and sustainable and ethical sourcing. Have you heard back from your AC yet?
Original post by hannahr9
Hey, I had an assessment centre on 9th Jan. I struggled to find their core values but it wasn't a problem. It;s mostly customer driven, efficiency and sustainable and ethical sourcing. Have you heard back from your AC yet?

Hi, thanks for replying! Yeah they seem to focus on their 6 priorities. I heard back just over a week ago and got offered a place on their manufacturing scheme. How did you find the assessment centre?
We did a group discussion where we were given a problem and various solutions and we had to decide which one to implement. Then a presentation and analysis, unexpected role play task and then an individual interview. Then we got a tour of the factory which was very interesting. Hope this helps.
Hi guys! Does anyone know if for the retail management scheme you can choose your preferred stores? I.e. stores near Manchester? Would they try to accommodate?
Reply 5
Do you have any tips please? I have my assessment centre tomorrow and would love to hear from you, especially knowing you got a place?
Reply 6
Original post by Anyagib1
Do you have any tips please? I have my assessment centre tomorrow and would love to hear from you, especially knowing you got a pIh

I have my assessment centre tomorrow, do you have any tips? If you can remember, could you give me some examples on the questions they asked in the one-to-one interview?
Reply 7
Original post by KK412
I have my assessment centre tomorrow, do you have any tips? If you can remember, could you give me some examples on the questions they asked in the one-to-one interview?

Hi, which scheme did you apply to? How was the assessment centre? Hope you hear some good news back!
Reply 8
Original post by Joelio18
Hi, which scheme did you apply to? How was the assessment centre? Hope you hear some good news back!

I applied for the finance scheme and it was quite long it took the whole day. There was three excersies we completed and you had to give a presentation to one of the assessors. If u want advice I'd recommend researching the company and preparing some scenarios bc they ask a lot of situation based questions around customer service and how u deal with unhappy customers or team members.
Reply 9
i have my finance assessment centre tomorrow, what else did they ask you?
Hi, does anyone know the process after passing the assessment centre? Is the final stage of the interview an actual part of the process or is it more of a formality? Thanks!
Reply 11
I recently had my final interview and i think that it is an actual part of the application process. Have you had yours? I'm still waiting to hear back
Reply 12
Original post by aeygl8
I recently had my final interview and i think that it is an actual part of the application process. Have you had yours? I'm still waiting to hear back

When did you have your final interview and for which scheme?
Reply 13
Original post by dharvi
When did you have your final interview and for which scheme?

i had mine on monday for the peoples graduate scheme :smile:
Original post by aeygl8

I haven’t had mine yet it’s coming up soon, hope yours went well! 😁
Reply 15
Original post by Joelio18
I haven’t had mine yet it’s coming up soon, hope yours went well! 😁

thank you and good luck! is your interview for the people's graduate scheme too? - im still waiting to hear back
Original post by aeygl8
thank you and good luck! is your interview for the people's graduate scheme too? - im still waiting to hear back

Mine is for retail 😁
I’ve got an assessment centre for Morrisons manufacturing coming up, any tips?
Original post by KK412
I applied for the finance scheme and it was quite long it took the whole day. There was three excersies we completed and you had to give a presentation to one of the assessors. If u want advice I'd recommend researching the company and preparing some scenarios bc they ask a lot of situation based questions around customer service and how u deal with unhappy customers or team members.

Was the presentation included in the 3 exercises? Or were there 4 including the presentation?
Hello! Just found this thread - I applied really early and got an offer of a place for Finance back in November. Anyone else had the offer? Good luck to anyone still in the application process!

Quick Reply

Latest