The Student Room Group

is it difficult to find a job with a low degree classification?

was on track to get a first but I am now looking at getting a high 2:2. Do employers favour higher degree classifications? does anyone have any advice?
Lots of employers require a 2.1 minimum, certainly at big employers & competitive jobs. Their are still employers that take lower classifications, but it’s certainly far less then 2.1 which virtually all employers consider.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Lots of employers require a 2.1 minimum, certainly at big employers & competitive jobs. Their are still employers that take lower classifications, but it’s certainly far less then 2.1 which virtually all employers consider.

I'm so disappointed with myself :frown: are postgrad courses also out of reach? I think most masters courses only accept 2:1 or higher?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so disappointed with myself :frown: are postgrad courses also out of reach? I think most masters courses only accept 2:1 or higher?

Some require 2.1, some are more competitive & some are less, you can certainly find ones that accept a 2.2.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
Some require 2.1, some are more competitive & some are less, you can certainly find ones that accept a 2.2.

Thank you for the reply. I'm really not sure what to do. I wanted to do a masters but the likelihood of being accepted onto a course is lower than others with 2:1/1st. Should I take a year to gain experience? Would taking a year out before returning to education put me at a disadvantage?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the reply. I'm really not sure what to do. I wanted to do a masters but the likelihood of being accepted onto a course is lower than others with 2:1/1st. Should I take a year to gain experience? Would taking a year out before returning to education put me at a disadvantage?

Tbh you might not need to. A lot of masters aren’t that competitive, id recommended looking around at what’s available first, & send a few emails if any courses require a 2.1 but your very keen.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending