The Student Room Group

Late Submission

So I was doing my final exam. The deadline for submission was 3:05 pm. after which no submissions are allowed and you get graded a zero. For my case I was uploading my exam workings into a word document to turn it into a PDF file to send, but the word application was not responding and caused an error when saving my work. This caused me to be less than one minute late. I even emailed my professor within a minute with my work. Do you guys think I should be able to get my submission or not? Since I sent my work to the professor, they have a copy of my work which was only a few seconds late showing I couldn't have cheated.
Original post by Anonymous
So I was doing my final exam. The deadline for submission was 3:05 pm. after which no submissions are allowed and you get graded a zero. For my case I was uploading my exam workings into a word document to turn it into a PDF file to send, but the word application was not responding and caused an error when saving my work. This caused me to be less than one minute late. I even emailed my professor within a minute with my work. Do you guys think I should be able to get my submission or not? Since I sent my work to the professor, they have a copy of my work which was only a few seconds late showing I couldn't have cheated.

Hi there,
Some universities might let you appeal for extenuating circumstances, yours being that you had a technical difficulty. They might however ask for proof so if you send them a screenshot of the email you sent to your lecturer showing the time you sent it. Even better if the submission portal shows exactly what time you attempted to submit it. Hope this helps,
-Grace
Reply 2
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi there,
Some universities might let you appeal for extenuating circumstances, yours being that you had a technical difficulty. They might however ask for proof so if you send them a screenshot of the email you sent to your lecturer showing the time you sent it. Even better if the submission portal shows exactly what time you attempted to submit it. Hope this helps,
-Grace

I have appealed and sent the email as evidence, as well as finding the crash log showing when my word application fully stopped working, at 3:05:08 pm. hopefully with this I am able to get my submission. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous

It depends on your university's exact policies - my university for example has no leniency when it comes to technical issues, as they state that you should never leave digital submissions until the last minutes in case something like crashing occurs.

Quick Reply

Latest