The Student Room Group

English A level online

I've wanted to do a degree in english since I was a child. However, I missed years of school due to mental health issues. It seems my only option is to do an english A level online followed by an access to HE course.

I'm desperate to hear of any experiences with A level online learning (even if it was just a temporary situation)
Reply 1
Are you thinking of doing English Literature, English Language or a combined A level in English Language and Literature?
I've never heard someone that has wanted to do a degree in English since they were "a child". I know some that do it with the intentions of becoming writers, but for what reason do you so feverishly pursue such a degree that most would deem useless?
Original post by cleveranimal56
I've never heard someone that has wanted to do a degree in English since they were "a child". I know some that do it with the intentions of becoming writers, but for what reason do you so feverishly pursue such a degree that most would deem useless?

By child I mean preteen. English degrees get a bad rap, there's actually quite a few areas you can go into
Original post by EOData
Are you thinking of doing English Literature, English Language or a combined A level in English Language and Literature?

Either English literature or the combined

Quick Reply

Latest