The Student Room Group

IAL Mathematics & Further Maths 2022 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Claudii marc
Me too. I found it the most difficult topic in P3

Hey!
It's Taha here.
Just wanted to ask how was your P3 exam??
Original post by tahahahali
Hey!
It's Taha here.
Just wanted to ask how was your P3 exam??

good!How did it go for you?
good!How did it go for you?

It was good overall but I got confused in the trig question in which we had to prove the sin3θ/sinθ - cos3θ/cosθ 2
Wbu? Were u able to solve that question??
It was good overall but I got confused in the trig question in which we had to prove the sin3θ/sinθ - cos3θ/cosθ 2

noo, I ran out of time for that one so I just did it half and times up. I left that question to the last.
Reply 24

Screenshot 2022-01-13 162050.jpg
Original post by bexxr
Screenshot 2022-01-13 162050.jpg

I completely did the wrong thing
I completely did the wrong thing

Why like this I didn’t understand
Why like this I didn’t understand

i did it wrong too!! i completely forgot bou tthat... i split it into cos2x + cosx
Original post by daylight08
i did it wrong too!! i completely forgot bou tthat... i split it into cos2x + cosx

I did the same!!!
Anyone did decision maths????
Anyone did decision maths????

Me
Me

How did you find it?? I found it easy.. But time wasn't enough
Reply 32
How did you find it?? I found it easy.. But time wasn't enough

It was fine, but I didn't expect a full travelling salesman problem with upper and lower bound in it, as I haven't seen it in past papers. Also, was the travelling salesman problem the last question in the exam, as I am feeling like I skipped one question in the end?
Original post by vmsh11
It was fine, but I didn't expect a full travelling salesman problem with upper and lower bound in it, as I haven't seen it in past papers. Also, was the travelling salesman problem the last question in the exam, as I am feeling like I skipped one question in the end?

yea.. that upper bound and lower bound was weird... the last question was linear programming... i couldnt complete it since i ran out of time. I have the question paper with me
Reply 34
yea.. that upper bound and lower bound was weird... the last question was linear programming... i couldnt complete it since i ran out of time. I have the question paper with me

Do you remember how many marks was the linear programming question? +- Also, for the 5th task part b, where you had to find the best path but starting at B and ending at G, did you just count B and J and 2 others as odd vertices and tried to find the best one to repeat? I got that starting at B and ending at G is longer than starting and ending at G
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by vmsh11
Do you remember how many marks was the linear programming question? +- Also, for the 5th task part b, where you had to find the best path but starting at B and ending at G, did you just count B and J and 2 others as odd vertices and tried to find the best one to repeat? I got that starting at B and ending at G is longer than starting and ending at G

the whole linear programming question is 18 marks.. the 5th question i couldnt complete it... i kept blanking out.. but i got 90 mins for a part
Reply 36
the whole linear programming question is 18 marks.. the 5th question i couldnt complete it... i kept blanking out.. but i got 90 mins for a part

R u sure that it is 18 marks, as it would of been impossible to do it in that time period, as even though I was doing al the questions prior almost flawlessly, I had like 7 - 8 spare minutes in the end?
Original post by vmsh11
R u sure that it is 18 marks, as it would of been impossible to do it in that time period, as even though I was doing al the questions prior almost flawlessly, I had like 7 - 8 spare minutes in the end?

Yeap.. I have the question paper with me. The invigilator told me to keep the question paper.
The last question was a lot to do... I didn't have time either
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest