The Student Room Group

LIBF grades

I did my certificate in finance in year 12 and got a D as learning was disrupted with lockdowns, which is obviously not good but I am doing the diploma for finance this year and am preparing much better, so lets say I get an A/B, how does that go with unis? do they only focus on diploma, or both?
My other a levels are English lang and geography, which I am more confident in, however if the uni I apply for needs an AAB, and I get AA and a B in diploma, will the D in year 12 drag that down?
This has been stressing me out for a while and I need to do my UCAS application asap
Reply 1
The certificate contributes half the marks towards the diploma. When you have the diploma the certificate is irrelevant but your D grade in the first half will make it much harder to get a good grade overall unless you re-sit.
Reply 2
Original post by EOData
The certificate contributes half the marks towards the diploma. When you have the diploma the certificate is irrelevant but your D grade in the first half will make it much harder to get a good grade overall unless you re-sit.

oh I see. thanks for letting me know
I don't think I can resit the certificate exams, since the were a mess anyway and we did teacher assessment. However my school are making everyone do the resit for diploma exams anyway so hopefully I can maximise my grade for this to make up for the D as much as possible.
Reply 3
Original post by AmaanZone
oh I see. thanks for letting me know
I don't think I can resit the certificate exams, since the were a mess anyway and we did teacher assessment. However my school are making everyone do the resit for diploma exams anyway so hopefully I can maximise my grade for this to make up for the D as much as possible.

I'd ask about the possibility of resitting - you can always decide not to but it might be worth doing one of the papers.
Reply 4
Original post by EOData
I'd ask about the possibility of resitting - you can always decide not to but it might be worth doing one of the papers.

I think I will ask now, however I don't think my school would do it. If I'm able to though, I'm assuming the resit would be way after I've submitted my application (which is next week). so how would they know?
ive only just realised how out of touch I am with things regarding my UCAS
Reply 5
Original post by AmaanZone
I think I will ask now, however I don't think my school would do it. If I'm able to though, I'm assuming the resit would be way after I've submitted my application (which is next week). so how would they know?
ive only just realised how out of touch I am with things regarding my UCAS

If you make the push to re-sit your teachers might take that as evidence of commitment and up your predicted grade. With a D grade in the certificate I think* it is statistically impossible for you to get better than a B in the diploma.

*It's a while since I've looked at grade boundaries for it.
Reply 6
Original post by EOData
If you make the push to re-sit your teachers might take that as evidence of commitment and up your predicted grade. With a D grade in the certificate I think* it is statistically impossible for you to get better than a B in the diploma.

Ok thank you i really appreciate the help.
I guess i have no choice but to push for a resit and do as best as possible for diploma
Hello could you please please help me i would appreciate it alot. So im doing libf financial studies. 1st question, can i do this course again next year if i flop? im supposed to resit unit 4 and my teacher said she put me forward but she didnt and now im stressin since she made a mstake and isnt answerin emails, worst case scanrio can i not redo the course next year? Also, if it does work out for me, what is the grade boundaries or the rate for UMS conversion rate. PLz plz help me
Original post by EOData

Quick Reply

Latest