The Student Room Group

Anyone want to share their regrets?

I regret going to college instead of sixth form
I regret not choosing a level maths
I regret not being confident

Scroll to see replies

I regret not hiding my lifesavings better.
I regret not escaping from my parents earlier.
I regret not taking the leonberger princess with me when I left the ex.
I regret doing a postgrad at an appalling uni with a foul reputation in several countries.
I regret not recognising soon enough that a virulent hate campaign begun on uni premises had rapidly escalated, on & off campus.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
I regret not hiding my lifesavings better.
I regret not escaping from my parents earlier.
I regret not taking the leonberger princess with me when I left the ex.
I regret doing a postgrad at an appalling uni with a foul reputation in several countries.
I regret not recognising soon enough that a virulent hate campaign begun on uni premises had rapidly escalated, on & off campus.

Out of curiosity, which university would this be?
Losing both my parents by the time I was 18 years old
Reply 4
Not moving to an international school during secondary school.
Taking up faith too early on, now I am Ms 2-Goody-Shoes - it’s very irritating and too much (97% impossible) of a hurdle to do the opposite.
Caring about what my parents and guardian feel about things - taking them into consideration at all. They don’t even consider nor respect mine’s or my boundaries at all now.
Not studying medicine, even if it was outside of the UK.
Not returning back to TSR when I started university; would have made good friends here and started studying better for university much earlier on - probably the most massive, realistic, and applicable regret to date.
Not being an actual *****.
(edited 2 years ago)
Regret not attending church earlier
Regret losing my pet as a child
Regret my choice of boyfriends as a teenager
I regret wasting earlier years when I had a lot of free time.
A decent girl once shown interest in me in a club but i was a coward. i could have went home with her but i did not man up and make further advances.

biggest ****ing regret of my life
Reply 8
I regret not trying harder to see things from my first loves perspective, I regret not asking him more questions back then - because now I have them and can't ask. I regret mirroring him when we met up, as I usually do in social situations (turns out when you mirror someone on the spectrum, neither of you say anything and you get nowhere 😂).

I regret not trying harder at school and college. I had undiagnosed SpLDs and undiagnosed mental health issues, but I could've shown initiative - instead of accepting defeat and feeling sorry for myself I should've asked for extra time with teachers to gain understanding in the areas where I was struggling, and should've put a lot of extra time into revising.

I regret going straight to university before even considering whether I was mentally, emotionally and academically ready.

I regret forgetting my first love and moving on.

I regret one of the people I moved on to - I wasted 8 years of my life on them.

I regret letting myself get to my current weight.

The list goes on. Overall I wish I could go back to age 12 (now 30). Obviously I can't go back, but I'm using this year to really try to turn things around.
Reply 9
I regret not being more brutal and embracing radical change in many ways, but specifically I regret drifting in to marrying the man I married and then giving him maximum opportunities to betray me so comprehensively because I thought marriage had to be based on trust.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Angel in the sky
Losing both my parents by the time I was 18 years old

Hi.

That's no fault of your own. I hope your doing ok though.

Take care.
Original post by Nadia19
I regret going to college instead of sixth form
I regret not choosing a level maths
I regret not being confident

funny enough i regret choosing a level maths lol
Original post by Ciel.
not dying when i had the chance to :<

You would never give your bf's mother the satisfaction of allowing her to outlive you. :tongue:
You're going to outlive her, probably help organise her funeral and have the last word by inviting all your friends to celebrate her life in a way that would make her incandescent with rage. Your final parting gift to her. :cool:
@Nadia19 I can relate to the third one.

It's easy to lose self confidence when taking other peoples criticisms on board and comparing yourself to others.

I wish I could've been more confident at high school and not taken on board the lack of faith teachers and others had in myself and my abilities. Without those experiences I may not be the exact same person I am today though.

Everyone is amazing and unique in their own way. You're stronger than you think - reflect back on challenges you've overcome in the past and try your best in whatever life throws at you.
Best wishes.
(edited 2 years ago)
I regret not setting boundaries sooner- letting people control you and manipulate you into doing things you don't want has its repercussions.
Original post by TriplexA
Hi.

That's no fault of your own. I hope your doing ok though.

Take care.

Thanks
I regret my OCD becoming so severe that my thoughts seem to be all true. I only see myself as a shell. I don’t know who I am anymore…
Reply 17
Original post by Honey57
I regret my OCD becoming so severe that my thoughts seem to be all true. I only see myself as a shell. I don’t know who I am anymore…

Hey, struggling with ocd is not your fault. Please don’t blame yourself. You are enough just as you are. Sending hugs.
I regret that I have not learnt Japanese yet - or another foreign language.

An unusual way to say nothing to regret in French.
Reply 19
how can you regret something you played no part in?

Quick Reply

Latest