The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No criticism - we live in the 21st century. And yes, totally OK for a man to think about children and the future.
It is normal to think about kids. About the marriage thing, I don't want to speak for all girls, but I would prefer to be married, it means something for me personally. But there could be girls who don't want marriage and just like you want to stay in a relationship. I don't think you would be criticised, it worked out for your parents, so nothing wrong with that :smile:
Yeah, you could adopt or foster or use a surrogate
Reply 4
Original post by burberry_butter
Yeah, you could adopt or foster or use a surrogate

Well, unmarried people in relationships can have a child naturally. Unless you believe in you shouldn’t have sex before you get married, which if that is your view is perfectly fine.
That's fine. :smile:
I'm a 26 year old female with a very similar attitude.
I'll be going down the ivf coparenting route and probably won't get married.

It is important to be totally honest with potential dates and coparents to ensure that you have compatible ambitions & lifestyle preferences.
Best to avoid getting closely involved with those girls who prefer to wait until marriage or come from a socially conservative background and have plans for an expensive engagement party/fancy wedding.
Good luck!
Original post by Evan2002
Well, unmarried people in relationships can have a child naturally. Unless you believe in you shouldn’t have sex before you get married, which if that is your view is perfectly fine.

No ofc, I am fully aware of this, but OP, didn't seem like that's what he meant, and put greater emphasis on the kids part, and seemed like he isn't in a relationship rn. But ofc to freely co-parent a child conceived naturally is v common too in this day and age.
I shall not see infants born into bast.ardy. What scarlet woman would you have bear them?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by burberry_butter
No ofc, I am fully aware of this, but OP, didn't seem like that's what he meant, and put greater emphasis on the kids part, and seemed like he isn't in a relationship rn. But ofc to freely co-parent a child conceived naturally is v common too in this day and age.

That was the OP's post you quoted though
peoples have their own life goals and it's okay if you don't wanna become married but i think if you are together with someone for at least 3-5 years, that's probably the best time to have a baby.
but personally i'd wait until marriage but this is about you!!! so you do what makes you happy and good luck!!!!
Original post by KA_P
That was the OP's post you quoted though

Yeah, I realised after. If that's what he wants then its cool too, no one cares
Reply 11
Original post by Trinculo
I shall not see infants born into bast.ardy. What scarlet woman would you have bear them?

What’s wrong with it?
What’s wrong with it?

The decline in moral fibre.
Reply 13
Original post by Trinculo
The decline in moral fibre.

What do you mean by “moral fibre”.
Reply 14
What do you mean by “moral fibre”.

You can still be committed to each other in a normal unmarried relationship without any adultery or promiscuity involved.
You can still be committed to each other in a normal unmarried relationship without any adultery or promiscuity involved.

Hello. Before marriage I would have sex, but I wouldn't have kids at all. But that's a preference, if you have another one then we should respect your decision.
I am 19 years old and my brother is 15. Our parents aren’t married but are still together. Personally, I want to have kids in the future but not be married. Yet, I do want to be in a longtime relationship with a woman. What criticism will I get for this? And is it okay for a man to think about children before marriage when it comes to thinking about a future or am I unreasonable?

lol,its contradictory
Reply 17
i don't think you'll receive much criticism? lots of people do it :hmmmm2:

i will just point out relationships don't always last and it's easier to get out of one if you're not married. will you be happy to pay child support if that were to happen?
Reply 18
Original post by legit help
lol,its contradictory

Yeah but lots of people have children unmarked now. It’s just there’s a lot of people who are just cynical and have old fashioned views.
Many people do exactly that - have children and not get married.

That said, I don't see why you need to make this decision now i.e. in advance of meeting someone. You don't know how you'll feel once you meet someone (the right someone).

Latest

Trending

Trending