The Student Room Group

Andrew

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrysbar
He can always tap his ma for a loan

Yes, although the optics of her paying hush money over his exploitation of a very young woman might not be exactly what the establishment would like to see,
Of course, in the old days, this sort of thing was easily hushed up. The current royals must be really sad that they don't live in the 18th or 19th centuries. Victoria used to cover up all kinds of stuff.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Of course, in the old days, this sort of thing was easily hushed up. The current royals must be really sad that they don't live in the 18th or 19th centuries. Victoria used to cover up all kinds of stuff.

#Ickewasright
Original post by Starship Trooper
I think there's a degree of truth to that.

That said it all sounds very convenient and of course various intelligence agencies have been well known to engage in these sorts of schemes. And we know for a fact that US intelligence were aware of him

Plus there was his suicide. Do you honestly think he killed himself? I can't take anyone seriously who believes that.

It's an IQ test in its own right at this point.
Reply 44
Yes, although the optics of her paying hush money over his exploitation of a very young woman might not be exactly what the establishment would like to see,

hes damned either way to be honest. Fighting it in an american court is idiotic for countless reasons (not least that america is a land without justice), he cant pay her to go away without leaving the problems in place and he cant ignore it for the same reason. I feel bad for the man, there isnt, at present, any evidence he did anything wrong aside from her dubious word - not helped by the fact this suspiciously looks like a muck raking exercise for a cheque.
I imagine the least bad option would be to play hardball and sue her in return for defamation and squash her with high powered lawyers. After all, a reputation once shattered is gone so may as well go on the offensive instead of giving away money for no apparent reason.

As an aside though, im still curious what the nominal crime is, consent is 16 (assuming he did have sex with her, which i remain dubious of)
Original post by Napp
hes damned either way to be honest. Fighting it in an american court is idiotic for countless reasons (not least that america is a land without justice), he cant pay her to go away without leaving the problems in place and he cant ignore it for the same reason. I feel bad for the man, there isnt, at present, any evidence he did anything wrong aside from her dubious word - not helped by the fact this suspiciously looks like a muck raking exercise for a cheque.
I imagine the least bad option would be to play hardball and sue her in return for defamation and squash her with high powered lawyers. After all, a reputation once shattered is gone so may as well go on the offensive instead of giving away money for no apparent reason.

As an aside though, im still curious what the nominal crime is, consent is 16 (assuming he did have sex with her, which i remain dubious of)

PRSOM you are on fine form today sir.

I haven't been following this very much, but it reminds of me of the Weinstein affair in that you have a completely unsympathetic scumbag getting arrested under just complete nonsense.

I have no doubt that Andrew, Weinstein etc are all predatory creeps that deserve what they've got. But I have little time or sympathy for most of these "victims" who I have no doubt knew exactly what they were getting themselves into

"Oh this sweet old man wants to pay me ten thousand dollars to give him a body massage at 2 in the morning, and he opened the door in his underwear this is completely normal"

*Ten years later* "yeah he definitely raped me. I had no idea what he was playing at. Why yes I was friends with him afterwards and he did pay all my bills, get me promoted etc" :rolleyes:

It just shows how warped (and yes) feminist our system has become.

Honestly if women were as helpless and as clueless as feminists (selectively) pretend them to be it makes gender equality even more absurd.
Reply 46

I haven't been following this very much, but it reminds of me of the Weinstein affair in that you have a completely unsympathetic scumbag getting arrested under just complete nonsense.

I have no doubt that Andrew, Weinstein etc are all predatory creeps that deserve what they've got. But I have little time or sympathy for most of these "victims" who I have no doubt knew exactly what they were getting themselves into

"Oh this sweet old man wants to pay me ten thousand dollars to give him a body massage at 2 in the morning, and he opened the door in his underwear this is completely normal"

*Ten years later* "yeah he definitely raped me. I had no idea what he was playing at. Why yes I was friends with him afterwards and he did pay all my bills, get me promoted etc" :rolleyes:

Honestly if women were as helpless and as clueless as feminists (selectively) pretend them to be it makes gender equality even more absurd.

Would rep, and thanks :biggrin:

What really grates with me is this idea that we should 'believe all "victims" ', especially in cases like this where the idea of justice being served seems a step removed.
I certainly wouldnt go so far as to call all claimants liars from the off but the most basic premis of our/their justice system is innocent until proven guilty. Just because someone makes an allegation, especially with no corroborating evidence, does not mean we should ipso facto believe them. Listen to them, sure. Believe for no reason at all? Nope.

In this instance, the fact she was an adult, for all intents, doesnt help in my opinion. A 12 year old (or whatnot) can be forgiven for not knowing what was happening and would self evidently have been taken advantage of but, well, you put it perfectly in your own comment.

Again though, as you noted, it really doesnt help when these people have already been tainted in the public eye. Be it them being an outright **** like Weinstein or with Maxwell where guilt be association was enough. The idea she got one, HRH will get one and so on is risible in the circumstances.

That all being said, if some actual proof emerges that isnt simply a random claim i will happily change my tune. As it happens, this document she signed doesnt look to sdhow much more than shes on a money/fame train.
Original post by Napp
Would rep, and thanks :biggrin:

What really grates with me is this idea that we should 'believe all "victims" ', especially in cases like this where the idea of justice being served seems a step removed.
I certainly wouldnt go so far as to call all claimants liars from the off but the most basic premis of our/their justice system is innocent until proven guilty. Just because someone makes an allegation, especially with no corroborating evidence, does not mean we should ipso facto believe them. Listen to them, sure. Believe for no reason at all? Nope.

In this instance, the fact she was an adult, for all intents, doesnt help in my opinion. A 12 year old (or whatnot) can be forgiven for not knowing what was happening and would self evidently have been taken advantage of but, well, you put it perfectly in your own comment.

Again though, as you noted, it really doesnt help when these people have already been tainted in the public eye. Be it them being an outright **** like Weinstein or with Maxwell where guilt be association was enough. The idea she got one, HRH will get one and so on is risible in the circumstances.

That all being said, if some actual proof emerges that isnt simply a random claim i will happily change my tune. As it happens, this document she signed doesnt look to sdhow much more than shes on a money/fame train.

Agree completely.
Original post by Napp

^PRSOM

Reminds me a bit of this:

Reply 50
Original post by TCA2b

Certainly, a novel take on the matter, i cant say ive heard of someone wanting to be raped before, that being what she just described..
On a slightly more serious note though there are 2 rather glaring issues here;
1) Dumb dumb here doesnt know what the word rape means. Selling your body, of your own free will, can never meet the definition of rape.
2) This one is the most important as not only is she being egregiously offensive to plenty of other women who work in the sex industry, willing or otherwise, but she is doing nothing more - in ones most humble opinion - than undercutting and devaluing the trauma of actual rape survivors. I mean, honestly, how dare this up jumped twitter tart (in the most literal way) compare herself willingly and actively engaging in sex for cash and dindins to the horror of some poor girl (or guy for that matter) being attacked in the most beastly manner. Its revolting, its ignorant and her and her comments are a moral stain.
3) i lied, a third just sprung to mind, i really take issue with people denouncing, in the most stalinist fashion, anyone who disagrees with them as '*insert here* apologists'. Disagreeing with someone on an issue does not make one an apologist, patsy, shill, paid idiot etc. (case depending of course). I hope the irony was not lost on her here.
It's just the sort of nonsense that modern day mental asylum with its bluebird logo is apt to lap up.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Napp
Certainly, a novel take on the matter, i cant say ive heard of someone wanting to be raped before, that being what she just described..
On a slightly more serious note though there are 2 rather glaring issues here;
1) Dumb dumb here doesnt know what the word rape means. Selling your body, of your own free will, can never meet the definition of rape.
2) This one is the most important as not only is she being egregiously offensive to plenty of other women who work in the sex industry, willing or otherwise, but she is doing nothing more - in ones most humble opinion - than undercutting and devaluing the trauma of actual rape survivors. I mean, honestly, how dare this up jumped twitter tart (in the most literal way) compare herself willingly and actively engaging in sex for cash and dindins to the horror of some poor girl (or guy for that matter) being attacked in the most beastly manner. Its revolting, its ignorant and her and her comments are a moral stain.
3) i lied, a third just sprung to mind, i really take issue with people denouncing, in the most stalinist fashion, anyone who disagrees with them as '*insert here* apologists'. Disagreeing with someone on an issue does not make one an apologist, patsy, shill, paid idiot etc. (case depending of course). I hope the irony was not lost on her here.

PRSOM.
Original post by TCA2b

By the sane logic having to work is slavery. But in any case, what she's really saying there is:

Screenshot_2021-12-06-17-33-53-55_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

Gotta get that dopamine!

Spoiler

I couldn't care less what happens to Andrew. If he gets 100 years or goes free.

We have already established that with celebrity sex crime, guilt is purely a function of the size of your fanbase and the prominence of your friends. #Metoo was nothing but a sick joke. Michael Jackson is still revered by millions, and Woody Allen is still working.
Wow, was just reading a few hours ago that 150 odd veterans had openly wrote to the Queen asking for Andrew to be stripped of military titles and such, and she's now done it! :colondollar: HRH no more

Guardian
Original post by StriderHort
Wow, was just reading a few hours ago that 150 odd veterans had openly wrote to the Queen asking for Andrew to be stripped of military titles and such, and she's now done it! :colondollar: HRH no more

Guardian

And now apparently the City of York is trying to get him stripped of the Duke of York title. York wants to dump York. :teehee:
And now apparently the City of York is trying to get him stripped of the Duke of York title. York wants to dump York. :teehee:

🤣
Et tu,York?
Original post by harrysbar
🤣
Et tu,York?

They marched him up to the top of the hill... then they marched him all the way down again.
They marched him up to the top of the hill... then they marched him all the way down again.

They marched him up to the top of the hill and started assembling this strange wooden contraption, like an upside down L with a dangly loopy bit...

It's not quite toe-tapping yet but I'll work on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending