The Student Room Group

covid 19 guilt

I tested positive for covid 19 even though i’ve been wearing my mask and I feel so guilty. I told my friends and they were really worried that they might have got it from me. I feel like they were annoyed at me. I feel so guilty telling people like my teachers because if anyone else gets it, it would be my fault. How do I stop this feeling of guilt.
Reply 1
Reassure yourself that you have no idea where this particular Covid virus came from. You have been extremely brave doing the altruistic and right thing by telling people to allow themselves to isolate. Most people I know report that if you are going to catch it it you probably will (even being vaccinated) and taking sensible precautions. There are some who have lived in house shares with Covid positive house mates and never caught it despite close proximity. Clearly there is a genetic link somewhere that is predisposing some people to the virus. This is not your fault, you didn't chose to have the virus but you did chose to do the right things afterwards.
Original post by Anonymous
I tested positive for covid 19 even though i’ve been wearing my mask and I feel so guilty. I told my friends and they were really worried that they might have got it from me. I feel like they were annoyed at me. I feel so guilty telling people like my teachers because if anyone else gets it, it would be my fault. How do I stop this feeling of guilt.

You are absolutely not guilty of anything. My son has had 3 jabs, wears a mask and still tested positive on a pre flight check. He'd had absolutely NO symptoms. You've done the responsible thing by letting people know and isolating. There is nothing more you could or should do so stop beating yourself up.
Reply 3
you dont, except by recognising and accepting its not your fault some plague carrier sneezed on you. If theyre being asses about it tell them where they can get off, not least given there is every chance it could be one of them next time.. or previously.. who knows?
Nothing that we have done has been very successful in preventing the spread of the virus. Viruses have been with us for a very long time, so feeling guilty about transmitting a virus just through living your life is absolutely pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest