The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I thought they were meant to send an email by this week, 3:30pm now not sure it is this week. I don't think ill be getting an interview anyway because my GAMSAT is only 58, already got rejected from Notts.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
I thought they were meant to send an email by this week, 3:30pm now not sure it is this week. I don't think ill be getting an interview anyway because my GAMSAT is only 58, already got rejected from Notts.

I’m on 58 too lol - doesn’t look like it will be this week for sure
I did get my interview invite for the A100 at around 5 or 6pm so could still happen today…
They already gave some A100 offers a few weeks ago though, so don't think that's an indicator of a101 interviews coming out today, but maybe I'm wrong we'll see and it could be today.

Original post by Estebanthecactus
I did get my interview invite for the A100 at around 5 or 6pm so could still happen today…

How much notice did they give you before the interview?
They already gave some A100 offers a few weeks ago though, so don't think that's an indicator of a101 interviews coming out today, but maybe I'm wrong we'll see and it could be today.

This was in November, I just mean timing wise they they don’t necessarily stick to 9-5pm emailing
Original post by medicphd
How much notice did they give you before the interview?

They invited me on 15th Nov and I had a 2 week window of interview dates to choose from, I picked the last date (3rd dec) for max prep time
This was in November, I just mean timing wise they they don’t necessarily stick to 9-5pm emailing

I see your point, thank you. I don't think ill get the interview anyway because of my gamsat, at least I got St Andrew's on 3rd February, I'm worried because it's likely the only interview I'll have because of my gamsat being 58, so I just need the offer really badly, and financially ScotGEM is the best option for me, the Scottish gov will pay for my fees I think, then I can get the 4k a year bursary, student finance loan and the NHS bursary and ill try for the St Andrew's scholarship, even though wanted to really go to SGUL I am very unlikely to get an interview, studied for 3 months for the gamsat and only got a 58, I really don't know how to improve and I don't want to resit it in September. I did 30 practice essays and I only got a 60 for S2, did every des and ACER question and went over it for S3 and only got 59- so I don't want to resit.
I see your point, thank you. I don't think ill get the interview anyway because of my gamsat, at least I got St Andrew's on 3rd February, I'm worried because it's likely the only interview I'll have because of my gamsat being 58, so I just need the offer really badly, and financially ScotGEM is the best option for me, the Scottish gov will pay for my fees I think, then I can get the 4k a year bursary, student finance loan and the NHS bursary and ill try for the St Andrew's scholarship, even though wanted to really go to SGUL I am very unlikely to get an interview, studied for 3 months for the gamsat and only got a 58, I really don't know how to improve and I don't want to resit it in September. I did 30 practice essays and I only got a 60 for S2, did every des and ACER question and went over it for S3 and only got 59- so I don't want to resit.

It is really difficult when there’s so few resources available for gamsat revision, and the few they have they charge a fortune for! Got my fingers crossed for you! Good luck with it all!
Reply 89
I thought they were meant to send an email by this week.

Where did this information come from?
Original post by Agitha
Where did this information come from?

I think people are just going off last year's dates. Some people got interviews on Jan 13th for interviews on the 2nd/3rd week of Feb, which is when the interviews are again this year according to the SGUL website.
No email today, so guess next week- even though I already can predict the outcome (rejection)
Reply 92
I think people are just going off last year's dates. Some people got interviews on Jan 13th for interviews on the 2nd/3rd week of Feb, which is when the interviews are again this year according to the SGUL website.

Oh, I did not realise they'd published interview dates 😅. Thank you, that's really helpful to know. I am aware that they'll be in an asynchronous recorded format. Could you please link me to the page that shows the dates?
Original post by Agitha
Oh, I did not realise they'd published interview dates 😅. Thank you, that's really helpful to know. I am aware that they'll be in an asynchronous recorded format. Could you please link me to the page that shows the dates?

https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/interview-hub/medicine-mmis#
Here you go 😊 it’s not exact dates, but it says they run in feb and the last is on the 18th.
Reply 94
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/interview-hub/medicine-mmis#
Here you go 😊 it’s not exact dates, but it says they run in feb and the last is on the 18th.

Thank you again. You don't happen to have any similar info on Swansea, do you...? Asking as I apparently seem to have lost my internet navigation skills!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Agitha
Thank you again. You don't happen to have any similar info on Swansea, do you...? Asking as I apparently seem to have lost my internet navigation skills!

All I know is what they put in their email - the selection centre is in the Spring and they’re supposed to be contacting us in January.
More radio silence? I have at least had an interview for Soton now (first interview ever in this long old slog)
Yeah still nothing for me (Gamsat 75)
Original post by Ifyawanabmydr
More radio silence? I have at least had an interview for Soton now (first interview ever in this long old slog)

Has anyone had an interview yet for the gem course?
Original post by The old gem
Has anyone had an interview yet for the gem course?

Not for SGUL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending