The Student Room Group

Religious changes under Mary and Edward and how they fit within the idea of a crisis

Hi, I'm currently writing a paper on the mid-Tudor crisis, and I'm favouring the revisionist belief that there wasn't a mid-Tudor crisis, namely because the government or monarchy, for that matter, didn't come close to collapsing despite the numerous problems the little-Tudors faced. I'm just struggling to incorporate religion into my argument mostly. I was going to discuss how when Edward died England wasn't fully Protestant and it was therefore much easier for Mary to be able to undo his religious reforms and turn the country back to its Catholic roots. But other than that I haven't got much else, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I do the mid Tudor crisis as part of my A level exam and there’s a whole area on religious changes made by Edward and Mary you could argue that England was more Protestant at the end of Edwards reign than Henry viii’s but the welcome Mary received when coming to the throne suggests Catholicism was still strong and you could use the evidence of hangings to support this and the fact that most Protestants tried to leave England to avoid the same fate
Original post by JemmaL
I do the mid Tudor crisis as part of my A level exam and there’s a whole area on religious changes made by Edward and Mary you could argue that England was more Protestant at the end of Edwards reign than Henry viii’s but the welcome Mary received when coming to the throne suggests Catholicism was still strong and you could use the evidence of hangings to support this and the fact that most Protestants tried to leave England to avoid the same fate

Thank you so much; I truly am grateful!
Original post by Laylatrethewey16
Thank you so much; I truly am grateful!

No problem, I hope your paper goes really well
Original post by JemmaL

"Most" or "many"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending