The Student Room Group

Leavingvmy btec course in second year after failing an exam in january

if I was to fail the exam next week and I then decided to leave would this effect my grades from the first year.
Original post by rahil_02_
if I was to fail the exam next week and I then decided to leave would this effect my grades from the first year.

It depends on how you have been registered. Your centre might have registered you on Year 1 for the Certificate and then re-register and top up in Yr 2. If you have completed enough units including the Core units you might get a lower qualification. However the exams could be a core unit in which case if you fail, you get nothing. What subject is it and what exam unit is it?
It depends, I'm on a level 3 BTEC and if I left now in my second year then I'd come out with nothing because I never completed the course. If you've moved on to a higher level this year then it's a different course and that grade will be final.

You can resit the exam in summer if it goes really bad plus BTEC is quite flexible, I messed up my first year with nothing above a pass but all I need is 2D and 4M to get MM, highest I can get is DM. Take it from a 22yo in college because I dropped out in the last 6 months instead of pushing through to see what I could get, don't quit. I've had to take out a £8,000 student loan to be back in college, it's worth trying even if you don't get perfect grades - bad ones are better than none.

Quick Reply

Latest