The Student Room Group

what was the purpose of nude captives in Duke Nukem 3d?

in Duke Nukem 3d, disturbing was the site of naked women held in green cocoons. only to say kill me and make a horrific scream after being killed.

in Episode 1 they never spawned but Episode 2 and beyond they spawned those octopus creatures.

in Episode 2 they were held tied to those green columns and tied down on green stuff.

was the purpose to arouse the player? hardly sexual if they are captive. more like sexual offence.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
what is this?
Original post by JVM2020
in Duke Nukem 3d, disturbing was the site of naked women held in green cocoons. only to say kill me and make a horrific scream after being killed.

in Episode 1 they never spawned but Episode 2 and beyond they spawned those octopus creatures.

in Episode 2 they were held tied to those green columns and tied down on green stuff.

was the purpose to arouse the player? hardly sexual if they are captive. more like sexual offence.

Everyone's reaction:
Original post by JVM2020
what is this?
Reply 3
Original post by JVM2020

I gather it's simply a lewd reference/parody to the nest scene from Aliens (1986) where they encounter a cocooned woman instructing the marines to end her life. In later DN games, I remember hearing further quotes, such as army NPC asking Duke "Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?".
Reply 4
Original post by noggins
I gather it's simply a lewd reference/parody to the nest scene from Aliens (1986) where they encounter a cocooned woman instructing the marines to end her life. In later DN games, I remember hearing further quotes, such as army NPC asking Duke "Is this gonna be another bug hunt, sir?".

That does give some sort of an answer. However it is still peculiar to have nude captives who can only be killed and not saved.

Thank God for Duke Nukem 64.

Quick Reply