The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I posted a while ago about my friend who wouldnt stop sleeping with a married man, hes now got her pregnant and he doesnt want to know her, shes threatened to show up at his home when his wife is there and show the pictures of her pregnancy, shes also threatened to destroy his business. I mean she's only 16, is there anything I can do for her?

No you should probably keep out of it tbh.
(edited 2 years ago)
leave her alone unless she asks for your help
Reply 3
Original post by sufys12
No you should probably keep out of it tbh.

shes screaming and crying down the phone asking me to help her
Reply 4
Call the damn police!!! Why haven't you done that yet??? Are you really her friend letting her get manipulated by a p.do?

before me told me to stay out of it :frown:
Bro this thread is wild. No but seriously you should probably keep out of it, your friend could go to citizens advice or see a doctor about her situation maybe.
Reply 6
The other problem is her parents are strict and very religious
The other problem is her parents are strict and very religious

Go get her to talk to her GP or childline or something on those lines.
Does this 16 year old have parents or guardians you could contact...this was wrong to begin with on all grounds, including legally, but now its escalated beyond anything a teenager would know what to do with...
Reply 9

The people telling you to stay out of it are literally asking you to allow an adult to continue to ruin the life of your teenage friend. Tell her that this isn’t legal (yes even in spite of the age of consent due to him also being beyond the R&J laws) and that she needs to go to the police with all the evidence on this guy she can find

She's bloody 16!! She's naive and you decided to just let this p.do manipulate her? The least you could do is report him to the damn police so that he doesn't do this to anyone else, or are you gonna let him so that more people suffer?
Original post by j25_8
The people telling you to stay out of it are literally asking you to allow an adult to continue to ruin the life of your teenage friend. Tell her that this isn’t legal (yes even in spite of the age of consent due to him also being beyond the R&J laws) and that she needs to go to the police with all the evidence on this guy she can find

It is legal.
I know what its like to be manipulated by older guys, any good friend would ensure that their friend is safe! You failed at that.
You can help your friend to understand her options.
If she decides to continue with the pregnancy, she can file a claim to receive child support from him.
I doubt that he or his wife would be thrilled at the prospect of their friends and family hearing that he has a pregnant 16 year old ex lover.
Original post by londonmyst
You can help your friend to understand her options.
If she decides to continue with the pregnancy, she can file a claim to receive child support from him.
I doubt that he or his wife would be thrilled at the prospect of their friends and family hearing that he has a pregnant 16 year old ex lover.

she wants to keep it to spite him as he is demanding she gets rid of it, trouble is her parents will literally kill her she doesnt get on with them as it is
shes screaming and crying down the phone asking me to help her

So be a decent friend for once and call the damn police.
she wants to keep it to spite him as he is demanding she gets rid of it, trouble is her parents will literally kill her she doesnt get on with them as it is

Is she a uk citizen with access to her photoid and national insurance number?
She doesn't have to tell her parents that she is pregnant.
Nor continue living with them if her physical safety is at risk.
Can you offer her a place to stay short term or allow her to use your address to access local council assistance with applying for alternative accomodation?
Original post by londonmyst
Is she a uk citizen with access to her photoid and national insurance number?
She doesn't have to tell her parents that she is pregnant.
Nor continue living with them if her physical safety is at risk.
Can you offer her a place to stay short term or allow her to use your address to access local council assistance with applying for alternative accomodation?

yes she is a uk citizen, I wish I could offer her a place at mine but there's no room.
She's bloody 16!! She's naive and you decided to just let this p.do manipulate her? The least you could do is report him to the damn police so that he doesn't do this to anyone else, or are you gonna let him so that more people suffer?

It is not paedophilia for an adult to have consensual sex with a 16 year old.
Being an unfaithful husband and inconsiderate jerk is not a crime in the uk.
If he has collected any nudes/explicit pics or made any illegal threats then all those are illegal within the uk.
So be a decent friend for once and call the damn police, you let this happen.

how is it her fault

Latest

Trending

Trending