The Student Room Group

anxiety and clubbing

My friend wants me to go clubbing tomorrow, I don't have anything against nightclubs I've just never been before. There's only 2 of us and we're both females so I feel like we're gonna look stupid standing there on our own.

I'm such an awkward person lol I'm thinking do you just line up outside like a concert? And when you're in there I know people dance or whatever but won't 2 people only talking to each other/dancing on their own look awkward? Considering everyone else is going in groups. 3 people would be so much better but we have no other friends lol.

Has anyone ever been to a nightclub with 1 other person? And don't assume we can 'make friends' or talk to new people there because we're both shy af. Don't even know why she wants to go clubbing suddenly but it's because she's going back to uni on Sunday.
I have always went with just one other friend. You’re just there to dance and have fun, you won’t look stupid at all. Most people in there will be drunk and not thinking about anything other than having a good time.
I dance by myself etc if I lose my friend, it’s nbd.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have always went with just one other friend. You’re just there to dance and have fun, you won’t look stupid at all. Most people in there will be drunk and not thinking about anything other than having a good time.
I dance by myself etc if I lose my friend, it’s nbd.

Good luck!

Damn you're confident lol, I could never dance on my own. Even thinking about dancing with one other person seems awkward. It's annoying because I know no one really cares, but something in my brain is making me think it's this super weird thing.
Yes I have went with one friend before (well originally we had a group but the others went really early, we just stayed because we didn’t wanna go home yet). And we still had a great time. We even ended up joining up with a random group lol. It’s only awkward if you make it awkward
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Cloudiii
Yes I have went with one friend before (well originally we had a group but the others went really early, we just stayed because we didn’t wanna go home yet). And we still had a great time. We even ended up joining up with a random group lol. It’s only awkward if you make it awkward

Hahahah I will make it awkward :smile:
Reply 5
Look at it as a night out with your friend, and there just happens to be drinks and dancing involved, and enjoy.

I often went clubbing with just 1 female friend, it was great fun! Sometimes you'll have people dance with you or just find yourself part of a bigger group on the dance floor when it's a massive, popular song playing.

You might have to queue; it depends on how popular the venue is, what time you get there and remember you'll need to show proof of your Covid status.
(edited 2 years ago)
Pretty much 99% of the time I've been clubbing it has only been with my husband.

You'll be fine. Have a lovely time :smile:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Pretty much 99% of the time I've been clubbing it has only been with my husband.

You'll be fine. Have a lovely time :smile:

I love this :dancing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending