The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Which city is better for a young British pakistani guy

Sheffield or Liverpool? Stuck between these two for uni. It’s either stick with my deferred entry for sheffield starting this September or cancel and reapply to Liverpool and idk what to do, any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
Sheffield or Liverpool? Stuck between these two for uni. It’s either stick with my deferred entry for sheffield starting this September or cancel and reapply to Liverpool and idk what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

…My mum went to Sheffield and is Pakistani and without a doubt it is very multicultural and a large majority of Pakistani students in and residing in Sheffield. I applied to Liverpool and went to visit over summer last year and knew for sure it wasn’t for me. Visit both and you’ll certainly decide as instinct kicks in. I’d say Sheffield!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Hi there!

Two great cities and Universities to apply for! Like the other poster has said I would make sure you visit both cities, and Universities on open days/offer holder days, that way you will be a good feel for the city and campus, and get to learn lots more about the Universities. Is there anything, in particular, that is important for you, if you let me know I should be able to give you some extra guidance :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there!

Two great cities and Universities to apply for! Like the other poster has said I would make sure you visit both cities, and Universities on open days/offer holder days, that way you will be a good feel for the city and campus, and get to learn lots more about the Universities. Is there anything, in particular, that is important for you, if you let me know I should be able to give you some extra guidance :smile:

Important things for me are a big city feel and a strong Muslim population,
Important things for me are a big city feel and a strong Muslim population,

Hi there,

So I'd say that both Liverpool and Sheffield are of a similar size, they are both medium-sized cities. There is a fairly strong Muslim population within the areas of Toxteth in Liverpool, where there is a mosque around 10-minute walk from the University campus. However, I believe there would be a larger Muslim population within Sheffield due to larger Pakistani population in the city. However, just to let you know there is a Islamic society at the University of Liverpool so that is somewhere where you are certain to meet likeminded people there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending