The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

When do Durham offers come out usually?

I’ve applied for History and English Literature joint at Durham. I was rejected from Oxford so I’m really hoping to get into Durham now but I wondered what sort of time Home students last year received Durham responses? Even more helpful if you applied for the same or the single version of my course!

Perhaps people have an idea of when I should hear back roughly? I’ve only heard that it will likely be after Jan 26th as that’s the UCAS equal consideration deadline.
Original post by hamlethoratio
I’ve applied for History and English Literature joint at Durham. I was rejected from Oxford so I’m really hoping to get into Durham now but I wondered what sort of time Home students last year received Durham responses? Even more helpful if you applied for the same or the single version of my course!

Perhaps people have an idea of when I should hear back roughly? I’ve only heard that it will likely be after Jan 26th as that’s the UCAS equal consideration deadline.

A few contextual offers have been made in the last few days but my son received an email saying he may not hear until February or March. I think it depends on the subject and how competitive it is. Most people seem to be posting about offers on the Durham 2022 applicants thread. Don't think anyone on there has received an English or History offer yet. Good luck on your application🤞
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by hamlethoratio

Yeah i have an email saying decisions might not be made until feb-march (im applying for geology). I think they're especially late this year, probs cos of covid. Frustrating when they've had the application so long tho
Reply 3
Original post by Baked_Bean
Yeah i have an email saying decisions might not be made until feb-march (im applying for geology). I think they're especially late this year, probs cos of covid. Frustrating when they've had the application so long tho

Hey, I've gotten an offer for Geology, but I think I'm one of the first. I think it might also depend when you've applied like I applied in early November
Reply 4
Original post by flollr
Hey, I've gotten an offer for Geology, but I think I'm one of the first. I think it might also depend when you've applied like I applied in early November

I haven't put my application yet but I'm hoping on Monday it'll be done. I'm applying for geophysics with geology and due to how small the course is I think I'll hear in like a month max. What college are u thinking?
Reply 5
Original post by Ratas12
I haven't put my application yet but I'm hoping on Monday it'll be done. I'm applying for geophysics with geology and due to how small the course is I think I'll hear in like a month max. What college are u thinking?

I've put down Mary's for my first choice then Cuth's and Hild-Bede when I got to rank all of them
Reply 6
Original post by flollr
I've put down Mary's for my first choice then Cuth's and Hild-Bede when I got to rank all of them

If I get an offer because I want to be on the bailey I'm applying to castle and then St Mary's then Garfield
Reply 7
Original post by Ratas12
If I get an offer because I want to be on the bailey I'm applying to castle and then St Mary's then Garfield

Ooo nice. My sister is currently in Hatfield as a 4th year. Also, I've had a 2nd offer come through from Durham for an integrated
Reply 8
Original post by flollr
Ooo nice. My sister is currently in Hatfield as a 4th year. Also, I've had a 2nd offer come through from Durham for an integrated

Just now for geology maybe a decision for me is coming soon
Son just heard, offer for Engineering (standard home student) so looks like about now! Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by Ratas12
Just now for geology maybe a decision for me is coming soon

Yeah. Good luck! =)

Quick Reply

Latest