The Student Room Group

-Eirlys- Wellbeing Blog 2022

Hello! Here's my attempt at a wellbeing blog! I'm not sure how you do one of these in terms of what to write, so we'll see what happens. :h: This blog will be more about what I hope to achieve in the year and maybe to do more of the things that I know will make me happy.

Goals:

Graduate with a 1st.

Attend a graduation ceremony this year.

Get a full time graduate job.

Get the ball rolling in terms of looking for a house, if goal #3 is met.

Lose 8-10lbs and maintain it. (-3lbs)

Spend more time doing my hobbies on between uni work.

Create more things to sell and make 10 sales. (2/10)

Do an art based commission.

Read more books. - 9/10 read this year.

Update this regularly and until the end of the year.

So if you'd like, come along with me through 2022 and see what I achieve (or don't) and what unexpected things 2022 throws at all of us!

Updated at least once a week! :h:

If you want to know a little more about me and my study journey, I have a study blog which I've kept since I started my degree.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Following!

Lots of exciting goals! :excited: :biggrin:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Following!

Lots of exciting goals! :excited: :biggrin:

Thank-you for following! :smile:
Original post by -Eirlys-
Hello! Here's my attempt at a wellbeing blog! I'm not sure how you do one of these in terms of what to write, so we'll see what happens. :h: I can't promise I'll keep this up all year either. :colondollar: This will be more about what I hope to achieve in the year and maybe to do more of the things that I know will make me happy.

Goals:

Graduate with a 1st

Ideally attend the graduation ceremony this year

Get a new full time graduate job

Possibly get the ball rolling in terms of looking for a house

Ideally do more exercise but this likely won't happen :lol:

Spend more time doing my hobbies where possible

Invest some more time and effort into my little side hustle related to my hobbies (will probably have to wait until after I graduate)

If I'm really pushing it, maybe get an art sale or commission

Try and update this regularly!

So if you'd like, come along with me through 2022 and see what I achieve (or don't) and what unexpected things 2022 throws at all of us!

If you want to know a little more about me and my study journey, I have a study blog which I've kept since I started my degree.

omg I love this! deffo following :biggrin:
Also, hi we haven't met before, i'm Zara :h: good luck with ur goals! :hugs:
Original post by AestheticStudying
omg I love this! deffo following :biggrin:
Also, hi we haven't met before, i'm Zara :h: good luck with ur goals! :hugs:

Hi Zara, nice to meet you! Thank-you for your support and for following my blog!
°•*⁀➷ Saturday 8th January

I added to the first post to include reading more (goal #9). It was a goal of mine in 2021 to read 10 books (I do have a Goodreads if anyone is interested in following that, let me know) and I think I read about 9, but I'm in the middle of reading three books.
I read a little bit of one last night which is a Brian Cox book full of information about space and astrophysics. Then I read a little more of a book which is about 70% complete and it's a book on introversion. The third book is my uni book of course and I read some more of that yesterday in work during quiet times which was about discursive analysis. I just realised that that is the end of book one so I have completed reading a book! Today I'm reading a chapter on how to conduct my experiment, which is really intimidating.
I have set a new goal for 2022 to read 10 books. :smile:

Today is going to be a day of some studying (goal #1) and then a time of rest and hobbies in the evening and I'll likely do the same tomorrow too. I always try to balance out the two (goal #6) but it's not always possible when you're being drowned in uni work and deadlines!

In terms of art sales/commissions, I did have some interest recently but haven't chased it up. In 2021, I restarted my Etsy and have managed to get 6 sales which is amazing and more than I could have expected! I also have a Redbubble where I get passive income (I've had 59 sales since I started which I think was back in 2019) and I've just noticed that I got a sale on the 5th of Jan! Technically I could say I've reached goal #8 but I don't think I'll count it because I don't have to do anything with RB to get sales. Ideally I would like to sell a physical piece of work or simply complete a design I've started and post it everywhere and on Etsy and make a sale from it (I sell embroidery patterns).

I've added updating this blog to my calendar on a weekly basis too (goal #10).

Have a lovely Saturday!
(edited 2 years ago)
°•*⁀➷ Saturday 8th January

I added to the first post to include reading more (goal #9). It was a goal of mine in 2021 to read 10 books (I do have a Goodreads if anyone is interested in following that, let me know) and I think I read about 9, but I'm in the middle of reading three books.
I read a little bit of one last night which is a Brian Cox book full of information about space and astrophysics. Then I read a little more of a book which is about 70% complete and it's a book on introversion. The third book is my uni book of course and I read some more of that yesterday in work during quiet times which was about discursive analysis. I just realised that that is the end of book one so I have completed reading a book! Today I'm reading a chapter on how to conduct my experiment, which is really intimidating.
I have set a new goal for 2022 to read 10 books. :smile:

Today is going to be a day of some studying (goal #1) and then a time of rest and hobbies in the evening and I'll likely do the same tomorrow too. I always try to balance out the two (goal #6) but it's not always possible when you're being drowned in uni work and deadlines!

In terms of art sales/commissions, I did have some interest recently but haven't chased it up. In 2021, I restarted my Etsy and have managed to get 6 sales which is amazing and more than I could have expected! I also have a Redbubble where I get passive income (I've had 59 sales since I started which I think was back in 2019) and I've just noticed that I got a sale on the 5th of Jan! Technically I could say I've reached goal #8 but I don't think I'll count it because I don't have to do anything with RB to get sales. Ideally I would like to sell a physical piece of work or simply complete a design I've started and post it everywhere and on Etsy and make a sale from it (I sell embroidery patterns).

I've added updating this blog to my calendar on a weekly basis too (goal #10).

Have a lovely Saturday!

Just seen this! Could you tag me when you update please? :biggrin: great update :woo:
Just seen this! Could you tag me when you update please? :biggrin: great update :woo:

I sure will, update coming in tomorrow!
I sure will, update coming in tomorrow!

Amazing :woo:
°•*⁀➷ Sunday 16th January

I've not been able to sleep very well this week and I'm not sure why. Hopefully my sleep improves soon.

I'm finding it hard to find a balance between studying and leisure time (goal #6). I'm either 100% studying or 100% doing hobbies or chilling, and it's usually the latter. I did some studying recently and I usually decide to spend the last few hours of the evening doing something I enjoy, except I got caught up with studying and didn't stop until around 8pm. I hopped onto a game thinking I could play for just an hour but I don't know why I tell myself that because that never happens! So two hours later, I ended up going to bed late.

When I am studying well, I don't want to lose my momentum and call it quits when my brain has decided to work and my energy levels are good. I may not get a day like that for a while. Monday and Tuesday I tried to study but I couldn't get into it but I think it was Wednesday and Thursday where I had a good couple of productive days. It looks like this weekend is going to largely be a lazy one but the couple of days I did study this week, I did get a good amount done.

I've been trying to teach myself OpenSesame and have tried to design my experiment in it. I believe I'm up to date with my weeks, though there's not much to do now but focus on the experiment. My next assignment is my project proposal which I've kind of started. I felt I couldn't answer some of the questions until I had a clear experiment design in my head and felt more confident at understanding the new program, so that's why I've been focused on that recently. My project proposal is due on the 2nd of February so I should be getting on with that! (goal #1)

I've booked some time off at the end of this month and near the end of March so I have a week off to look forward to just before the deadline, so that's nice. :smile:

Apologies that this kind of turned into a study blog post haha, I'm used to writing those and I guess my life is just studying rn anyway. :lol:

@BurstingBubbles
°•*⁀➷ Thursday 27th January

Apologies for missing the Sunday post! I was having a relaxing day and was playing some video games and it slipped out of my mind. But at least I can say that I was working towards my goal of trying to spend more time on hobbies (goal #6) during this year to help my mental health and reduce stress! It's always good to have a balance, something I don't always get right.

Last week was very much an organisation week. I broke down my assignment into manageable chunks to cover this current week (my final week before the deadline). It felt nice to see everything in front of me and have an idea on when things need to get done. I did make a blog post in my study blog to show others what I use to keep organised and study with, so check it out if you're interested. :smile:

So for this week, it is largely trying to get things done for the assignment and I can say a lot of it is done, it just needs to be refined. There is one part that needs more work and to be finished but the rest seems okay. Not all of it is graded so that kind of makes it easier and quicker.

I've had the week off work and it's been lovely (and lazy)! I feel like I have more energy to focus on my uni work now and it feels great. I hung out with a friend last night who I've not seen for a bit so that was nice to get out of the house and to chat with someone! I finished reading one of the books (goal #9) on the 18th too!

But yeah, most of my weeks are very similar to the last so apologies if they're a little repetitive :lol:!

@BurstingBubbles
(edited 2 years ago)
°•*⁀➷ Thursday 27th January

Apologies for missing the Sunday post! I was having a relaxing day and was playing some video games and it slipped out of my mind. But at least I can say that I was working towards my goal of trying to spend more time on hobbies (goal #6) during this year to help my mental health and reduce stress! It's always good to have a balance, something I don't always get right.

Last week was very much an organisation week. I broke down my assignment into manageable chunks to cover this current week (my final week before the deadline). It felt nice to see everything in front of me and have an idea on when things need to get done. I did make a blog post in my study blog to show others what I use to keep organised and study with, so check it out if you're interested. :smile:

So for this week, it is largely trying to get things done for the assignment and I can say a lot of it is done, it just needs to be refined. There is one part that needs more work and to be finished but the rest seems okay. Not all of it is graded so that kind of makes it easier and quicker.

I've had the week off work and it's been lovely (and lazy)! I feel like I have more energy to focus on my uni work now and it feels great. I hung out with a friend last night who I've not seen for a bit so that was nice to get out of the house and to chat with someone! I finished reading one of the books (goal #9) on the 18th too!

But yeah, most of my weeks are very similar to the last so apologies if they're a little repetitive :lol:!

@BurstingBubbles

Lots of really positive things here, which is great to read - especially around having time off and having more energy to focus on uni work and seeing your friend :smile:
Lots of really positive things here, which is great to read - especially around having time off and having more energy to focus on uni work and seeing your friend :smile:

Thank-you! <3
°•*⁀➷ Saturday 5th February

I've had a somewhat lazy week. I had two deadlines due on Wednesday which both got submitted early and I did well on one of them (I'll post about that in my study blog). :smile:

I was looking at Ghost of Tsushima videos last week, and I kept saying to myself that I'll wait until my birthday to get it. But as I looked more and more into it, I started getting pretty excited for it and I thought, why am I waiting months before I treat myself?! I am so bad at treating myself, I almost never spend money on myself, so I thought, for a change, I'll actually treat myself! So I bought the game on Saturday last week and it arrived the next day.

The last RPG game I completed was RDR2, since then I've not had a good RPG game to invest in. I've only completed the RDR games and GTA5, as well as Watch Dogs 2. I'm very picky with video games I play and I will quit a game and sell it on if it doesn't draw me in or I just don't like it. Well this game encapsulates what I love which is Japan, their culture and history, as well as an awesome Samurai character. The game is a work of art and I really appreciate that side of it.

I played the game all day Sunday, then did some assignment work on the Monday and submitted it on Tuesday, then played the game all day Wednesday and Thursday after work! I felt like I deserved a couple of days to do something I'm enjoying and excited about as I had done my uni work in time for the deadline, I thought a few extra days off wouldn't hurt.

Today I plan on working on building my experiment, but I have work tomorrow and this year I've set Sundays as my day off from studying, so I'll likely play some more GOT tomorrow. :lol: I would say at the moment, I have a good balance of uni and leisure time (goal #6), I even did some cross stitching last night and did about 100 stitches. :smile:

I haven't managed to get much reading in yet (goal #9)! I did finish that introvert book which I think I mentioned but haven't finished my other ongoing book or started reading a new one yet, but I'm sure I'll get to that eventually this year.

And so far, I am updating this regularly so I'm doing well for goal #10!

@BurstingBubbles

Spoiler

°•*⁀➷ Saturday 5th February

I've had a somewhat lazy week. I had two deadlines due on Wednesday which both got submitted early and I did well on one of them (I'll post about that in my study blog). :smile:

I was looking at Ghost of Tsushima videos last week, and I kept saying to myself that I'll wait until my birthday to get it. But as I looked more and more into it, I started getting pretty excited for it and I thought, why am I waiting months before I treat myself?! I am so bad at treating myself, I almost never spend money on myself, so I thought, for a change, I'll actually treat myself! So I bought the game on Saturday last week and it arrived the next day.

The last RPG game I completed was RDR2, since then I've not had a good RPG game to invest in. I've only completed the RDR games and GTA5, as well as Watch Dogs 2. I'm very picky with video games I play and I will quit a game and sell it on if it doesn't draw me in or I just don't like it. Well this game encapsulates what I love which is Japan, their culture and history, as well as an awesome Samurai character. The game is a work of art and I really appreciate that side of it.

I played the game all day Sunday, then did some assignment work on the Monday and submitted it on Tuesday, then played the game all day Wednesday and Thursday after work! I felt like I deserved a couple of days to do something I'm enjoying and excited about as I had done my uni work in time for the deadline, I thought a few extra days off wouldn't hurt.

Today I plan on working on building my experiment, but I have work tomorrow and this year I've set Sundays as my day off from studying, so I'll likely play some more GOT tomorrow. :lol: I would say at the moment, I have a good balance of uni and leisure time (goal #6), I even did some cross stitching last night and did about 100 stitches. :smile:

I haven't managed to get much reading in yet (goal #9)! I did finish that introvert book which I think I mentioned but haven't finished my other ongoing book or started reading a new one yet, but I'm sure I'll get to that eventually this year.

And so far, I am updating this regularly so I'm doing well for goal #10!

@BurstingBubbles

Spoiler

Great to read lots of positives again! You're doing brilliantly :biggrin:

I hope that you get more time to do some reading, but completely fair if it's not a priority at the moment!
Great to read lots of positives again! You're doing brilliantly :biggrin:

I hope that you get more time to do some reading, but completely fair if it's not a priority at the moment!

Thanks! I feel like I have so much to do that it's definitely low down on my priorities!
°•*⁀➷ Monday 14th February

No valentine for me this year! Not that I'm complaining, so here I am doing another blog post. :lol:

This week has been not much different, more working and more uni work. I've not made enough time to do things I enjoy such as my hobbies, though I did make the effort to go out with a friend yesterday so it was nice getting out. But yeah, I might try and get some gaming in today later on because I never got to do that yesterday which was my day off. I did work that morning as well so yeah, less time and energy to do things yesterday! At least I'm recognising what I'm doing right now, which is falling back into that habit of all work and very little play.

I guess continuing my uni work is working towards goal #1 though! :biggrin: All the more interesting stuff is yet to come later on in the year (I hope!), so I hope I can keep to goal #10 and keep this updated for you guys to follow! I definitely need to get reading when possible too, that's been on my mind.

Sorry to say my weeks aren't always that eventful! :colondollar:

@BurstingBubbles
°•*⁀➷ Monday 21st February

This week feels like it had a good balance of things I enjoyed and working (#goal 6). I took yesterday off as Sundays are designated as study free days, so I did the things I enjoy all day. Today hasn't been so productive though as I had a headache and didn't feel all too great.

However, I'm finding that focusing on this balance has been helpful to keep my stress levels down. I can get stressed quite fast, especially with uni, and it can kind of consume me. When I take time out for myself, it's a bit of self care whilst reminding myself that there's more to my life than just working and studying. There are artistic ambitions I'd like to achieve, there are other things I enjoy doing and there's just more outside of uni! So it's helpful to remember that when sometimes it feels like I'm drowning in work and uni assignments. I think it's always good to take a step away from all of our commitments and work to just forget about the world consumed in something stress free and enjoyable.

I still haven't gotten started with much reading! Maybe I will try to read tonight before I go to sleep.

Here's to hoping that next week stays balanced, whilst also productive and stress free!

@BurstingBubbles
°•*⁀➷ Monday 28th February

It has been a good week!

Yesterday I completed an embroidery piece I have been working on for a while! (goal #6) It's always nice to finish a creative project so I can then move onto the next one. I'm hoping to continue with an original design of mine that I started a while ago, using left over threads from the kit I just finished. It's a design I hope to share on my Etsy in future (goal #7). :smile:

I did some reading (goal #9) last night too, I've got about 20 pages left of my big Brian Cox science book!

And for goal #1, I have been working hard collecting more participants for my experiment. I'm at a fairly decent number. I also began working on my next assignment so I don't fall behind and then I can get working on my final project report. It feels so strange that I only have a few more deadlines until I graduate! :biggrin:

@BurstingBubbles
(edited 2 years ago)
°•*⁀➷ Sunday 6th March

Yesterday I had some pampering done at a salon and I'm having more pampering next Saturday. I did some more of my big outstanding cross stitch project (goal #6) and earlier in the week I did a little organisation of my business spreadsheets (goal #7).

I began reading a new book (goal #9) a couple of days ago and I'm almost at chapter 5. :smile:

But for goal #1, I have been working on my fourth assignment and I'm about 2/3 done with that! I'm planning to do some more later today after a rest. It's due at the end of this month but I want to submit it earlier so I can get to work on my experiment project write up which I think is going to be a headache to do. Not long now!

@BurstingBubbles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending