The Student Room Group

my gcse mock results

hiya!!

i did my gcse mocks in december and gosh they were hard but to be honest.. i barely revised except from english!! these are my resukts:

english lit-7
english language-7
maths-6
geography-6
biology-5
physics-5
chemistry-4
history-4
french-5
re-7
art-7

are these okay?

i am aware that my science grades are not great and i have now invested in a triple science tutor for two hours a week in a desperate hope to improve them as i want to take psychology a-level
i really want to take english literature for a level , do you think this grade is good enough at this time in the year? i hope to get an 8 or 9 in the real thing..

i want to take for a level
english lit , art , psychology , sociology
do you think these are good options based off my mock results? i dont know what i want to be when i am older though..
anyway im just gonna ignore french n history because i dont need to pass them to get into my sixth form or take the a levels i want lol
These grades r fine just start revising at most schools u just need a 6 in English lit and a5 or 6 in Bio to do psychology as well as a 5 in maths to get into sixth form as well as 3 other 5 or above grades but check on the website of the schools ur going to apply for definite grades as this is just the norm where I live
hi,

i think your english literature grade is great, and you should be able to do english a-level with it.

based on your mock results i think that you could definitely pursue the alevels that you mentioned, but just consider if you are planning to do 4 A levels, 3 A levels and an AS, or just 3 A levels (because A levels can be very content heavy). also you should think about what the a level exams might be like- from hearing from my friends that do those subjects, english, psychology, and sociology are quite essay based; and i'm sure that you know art has a lot of course work :s-smilie: lol (i also did art gcse).

but yeah just consider the way the alevels are graded, think about how you might enjoy the subject and how much content/workload it might have. in terms of not knowing what you want to do in the future i think thats fine- maybe you could look at uni courses you will possibly be interested in and see if they have any specific a level requirements just to make sure that you can keep your options a bit open.

good luck with your gcses and a level choices ! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by honeytea3542
hi,

i think your english literature grade is great, and you should be able to do english a-level with it.

based on your mock results i think that you could definitely pursue the alevels that you mentioned, but just consider if you are planning to do 4 A levels, 3 A levels and an AS, or just 3 A levels (because A levels can be very content heavy). also you should think about what the a level exams might be like- from hearing from my friends that do those subjects, english, psychology, and sociology are quite essay based; and i'm sure that you know art has a lot of course work :s-smilie: lol (i also did art gcse).

but yeah just consider the way the alevels are graded, think about how you might enjoy the subject and how much content/workload it might have. in terms of not knowing what you want to do in the future i think thats fine- maybe you could look at uni courses you will possibly be interested in and see if they have any specific a level requirements just to make sure that you can keep your options a bit open.

good luck with your gcses and a level choices ! :smile:

hiya! thank you

in my school i am applying for sixth form you are required to start with four a levels! but after first year you could drop one do 3 a level and one AS level.
yes i have made myself aware the all of the subjects im taking are quite knowledge heavy but honestly - as long as im interested in the essay topic i could talk for hours about it so im not too worried about the essay component of it. art is a lotta course work but honestly i really enjoy it and dont want to stop doing it.

thank you so much for your advice!!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by teddybear4444h
These grades r fine just start revising at most schools u just need a 6 in English lit and a5 or 6 in Bio to do psychology as well as a 5 in maths to get into sixth form as well as 3 other 5 or above grades but check on the website of the schools ur going to apply for definite grades as this is just the norm where I live

hiya , thank you!

in my sixth form im staying at the school im currently at and we need six passes (grade 5) as well as
to take psychology i need a 5 in all three sciences and maths
to take socioloy i need a 6 in english and maths
to take english i need a 6 in english lit which i think is easily achievable for me!

thank you !!
Original post by call1a
hiya , thank you!

in my sixth form im staying at the school im currently at and we need six passes (grade 5) as well as
to take psychology i need a 5 in all three sciences and maths
to take socioloy i need a 6 in english and maths
to take english i need a 6 in english lit which i think is easily achievable for me!

thank you !!

Sociology is a really great subject if you ever need any advice pm me as I’m currently doing it at a level
Original post by call1a
hiya!!

i did my gcse mocks in december and gosh they were hard but to be honest.. i barely revised except from english!! these are my resukts:

english lit-7
english language-7
maths-6
geography-6
biology-5
physics-5
chemistry-4
history-4
french-5
re-7
art-7

are these okay?

i am aware that my science grades are not great and i have now invested in a triple science tutor for two hours a week in a desperate hope to improve them as i want to take psychology a-level
i really want to take english literature for a level , do you think this grade is good enough at this time in the year? i hope to get an 8 or 9 in the real thing..

i want to take for a level
english lit , art , psychology , sociology
do you think these are good options based off my mock results? i dont know what i want to be when i am older though..
anyway im just gonna ignore french n history because i dont need to pass them to get into my sixth form or take the a levels i want lol

Your mock grades are definitely ok and as long as you end up with one A level in a science subject (Psychology counts as a Science in this context) you will be ok to take Psychology at most unis if you end up wanting to
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply