The Student Room Group

University advice

Hiya I was wondering if I could have some advice. If you have bad anxiety is it worth letting the university know about it early on or see how it affects you and then tell them?
Tell them straight away. You will be interviewed by a well-being officer who can then advise the department e.g extra time for exams and assignments.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Tell them straight away. You will be interviewed by a well-being officer who can then advise the department e.g extra time for exams and assignments.

Ok thanks, assignments would be useful. Luckily my anxiety is mostly around exams which my course doesn’t do
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya I was wondering if I could have some advice. If you have bad anxiety is it worth letting the university know about it early on or see how it affects you and then tell them?

Hello,

Just to echo what's already been said, it's definitely worth letting your university know as soon as possible. They are likely to have numerous resources and services you can access for support.

All the best! :smile:
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student

Hi,
I would definitely reach out to your university counsellor or wellbeing team and discuss this with them. They will have resources and help and advice available to help you through your university experience.

Kasey - University of Law Student Ambassador

yes please do. I have anxiety and depression I'm first year and still haven't told them. I just started to get in touch with them and just waiting to book an appointment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending