The Student Room Group

French Revision

im currently going to sit my french exams this year but i struggle alot to memorise the vocab and structure simple sentences hence why i am doing foundation french(not a surprise) atm if anyone has any tips please help your girl out i regret picking french sm bruh
Try Duolingo
I did higher last year but it helped a lot with vocab and sentence structure maybe try and do 1 lesson a day
Also if u need help with listening https://www.1jour1actu.com/ may help
Original post by maryannexo
im currently going to sit my french exams this year but i struggle alot to memorise the vocab and structure simple sentences hence why i am doing foundation french(not a surprise) atm if anyone has any tips please help your girl out i regret picking french sm bruh

Hi there.

Languages can be challenging for many people so your not alone. I recommend using quizlet as it's a great site. Another tip I can give is trying to link word stems to each other and linking words in French to English somehow to help you remember them.

For example: "Main" is the word for hand in French so you could link this to the word Manicure
Likewise "Pied" which means foot to Pedicure.

Any other silly ways to remember vocab can also work - just don't write them down on the paper perhaps!

Best wishes.
Reply 3
Original post by teddybear4444h
Try Duolingo
I did higher last year but it helped a lot with vocab and sentence structure maybe try and do 1 lesson a day
Also if u need help with listening https://www.1jour1actu.com/ may help

Thank you so much !
Reply 4
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Languages can be challenging for many people so your not alone. I recommend using quizlet as it's a great site. Another tip I can give is trying to link word stems to each other and linking words in French to English somehow to help you remember them.

For example: "Main" is the word for hand in French so you could link this to the word Manicure
Likewise "Pied" which means foot to Pedicure.

Any other silly ways to remember vocab can also work - just don't write them down on the paper perhaps!

Best wishes.

Thank you! how much revision would you reccomend doing on french a day im also thinking of getting the CGP flashcards that focus only on vocab so that might help :smile:
Thank you! how much revision would you reccomend doing on french a day im also thinking of getting the CGP flashcards that focus only on vocab so that might help :smile:

I recommend doing it little but often. Perhaps set aside 5 minutes on a morning, afternoon and evening and solely practice french vocab. Perhaps ask a friend to help out with testing you on break/lunch times. At the end of the day see how many words you can remember and keep the words you don't know for tomorrow and repeat.

See how it goes for you - it may or may not work. Language revision can be boring sometimes especially if you feel you're making no progress.

Give it a try and do let me know how it goes.
Best wishes.

CPG flash cards r useless it’s better to look for some on quizlet or making ur own

Use AnkiWeb! It's a flashcard website (and app but don't get the app if you have iOS- it's expensive) with an algorithm to help you memorise things super fast. I'm currently doing GCSE French too and use it for French vocab. I've gone from scraping a grade 4 to a solid 6 after about 4 months of using it and my level of vocab has improved so much!
Reply 8
CPG flash cards r useless it’s better to look for some on quizlet or making ur own

oh no ! i never knew that idrk how to get into quizlet do i just search up some french courses to do?
Reply 9
Original post by I'mnotginger
Use AnkiWeb! It's a flashcard website (and app but don't get the app if you have iOS- it's expensive) with an algorithm to help you memorise things super fast. I'm currently doing GCSE French too and use it for French vocab. I've gone from scraping a grade 4 to a solid 6 after about 4 months of using it and my level of vocab has improved so much!

can i use it on a desktop?
oh no ! i never knew that idrk how to get into quizlet do i just search up some french courses to do?

Just google quizlet create an account and search gcse ur course and French and it should come up with lots of useful sets
Just google quizlet create an account and search gcse ur course and French and it should come up with lots of useful sets

E.g. FE966B32-7D6C-4CB5-90BA-3BD200D5E507.jpeg
can i use it on a desktop?

I think so, yes. Just search "AnkiWeb Account Register" and make yourself an account :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending