The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one knows but I'd doubt they'd have a different system for external candidates. This year they've had to get CAGS the same as everyone else. I'd go for the Autumn - it will almost certainly be free for those resitting (which next Summer probably won't be) and you would still re-sit the following Summer is you wanted
Reply 2
Looks like you're in the same situation as me, being 2 years behind if I start Uni in Oct 2022. Hope this helps, I was told this in another post

From Ofqual:

"Any student who receives a teacher-assessed grade (TAG) this summer, or who an exam board reasonably believes would have entered for the exams in summer 2021 had they taken place, can take the corresponding GCSE, AS and A level exams in autumn 2021. In addition, any student who was aged at least 16 on 31 August 2021 can take the GCSE English language and maths exams, as is usually the case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...21-exam-series"
Original post by EdwardRe
Looks like you're in the same situation as me, being 2 years behind if I start Uni in Oct 2022. Hope this helps, I was told this in another post

From Ofqual:

"Any student who receives a teacher-assessed grade (TAG) this summer, or who an exam board reasonably believes would have entered for the exams in summer 2021 had they taken place, can take the corresponding GCSE, AS and A level exams in autumn 2021. In addition, any student who was aged at least 16 on 31 August 2021 can take the GCSE English language and maths exams, as is usually the case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...21-exam-series"

I'm thinking of retaking two of my A-levels so I feel like 4 months to improve on current content and learn entire new content that we missed would not be enough time so I want to do the summer rather than autumn
Reply 4
Original post by icecreamvanilla2
I'm thinking of retaking two of my A-levels so I feel like 4 months to improve on current content and learn entire new content that we missed would not be enough time so I want to do the summer rather than autumn

Are you in your ‘third year’ of a-levels?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by EdwardRe
Are you in your ‘third year’ of a-levels?

No I'm in my second year but I have basically been told the grades I'll get.
What I'm saying is is I want to resit Biology and Chemistry in Summer 2022 but I don't want to risk the government making another U-turn and cancelling them, so I'm unsure of whether to take the Autumn resits in 2021 as I don't know if learning missed content for 2 a levels as well as improving and revising all the topics in 4 months is possible.
Reply 6
What I'm saying is is I want to resit Biology and Chemistry in Summer 2022 but I don't want to risk the government making another U-turn and cancelling them, so I'm unsure of whether to take the Autumn resits in 2021 as I don't know if learning missed content for 2 a levels as well as improving and revising all the topics in 4 months is possible.

You can, I doubt the May 2022 exams will be cancelled. But when you say 'two gap years' be sure to ask your Sixth Form/School/College if you could continue doing another year.
Are they doing resits for A-levels in October this year? Everyone I've asked have said they're only doing them in the summer?
I just want to resit them even though Im in my first year, but I know I'm going to fail them so yeah im already making rejection plans :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by rioslater2569
Are they doing resits for A-levels in October this year?

Yes, people who are entered for A levels and GCSEs this Summer have got a chance to re-sit in Autumn 2021

hey, I'm pretty much exactly the same as you. I have been told the marks I got from my exams this may and I am unhappy with them, I am planning to resit next summer. Have you talked to your college or centre about fees, learning new content etc. I don't know where to start so any idea on the money or what help your centre/college can give you would help. Thank you!
Original post by AyeshaLakhani
hey, I'm pretty much exactly the same as you. I have been told the marks I got from my exams this may and I am unhappy with them, I am planning to resit next summer. Have you talked to your college or centre about fees, learning new content etc. I don't know where to start so any idea on the money or what help your centre/college can give you would help. Thank you!

Hi so I have decided to do the autumn resits. I've not really started revision at this point, but I'm planning to start soon for bio and chem. I don't want to spend another year having to do a-levels so I'm gonna focus these next few months and hopefully get some better grades. I've had to teach myself new content but my teachers have said they will help if I need it. My sixth form have said I'm welcome back to use their centre to revise and they will also sort me out for sitting the exams but I'll have to pay a fee to sit the exam which is about £30 each. Hope this helps
Hi so I have decided to do the autumn resits. I've not really started revision at this point, but I'm planning to start soon for bio and chem. I don't want to spend another year having to do a-levels so I'm gonna focus these next few months and hopefully get some better grades. I've had to teach myself new content but my teachers have said they will help if I need it. My sixth form have said I'm welcome back to use their centre to revise and they will also sort me out for sitting the exams but I'll have to pay a fee to sit the exam which is about £30 each. Hope this helps

ok thats great thanks! good luck for your exams!

Shouldn’t the exams be free ?
Is anyone planning to do the exams next summer? I was going to do the exams in autumn but I just don't feel ready. In biology we missed out a whole papers worth of content and a bunch of required practical and I have been revising for about a month and self teaching those missed topics in such little time is taking me longer than expected! Would it be possible to use my TAG grades for 2 a levels and use my predicted grade for bio?
Original post by zoe.nyaku
Is anyone planning to do the exams next summer? I was going to do the exams in autumn but I just don't feel ready. In biology we missed out a whole papers worth of content and a bunch of required practical and I have been revising for about a month and self teaching those missed topics in such little time is taking me longer than expected! Would it be possible to use my TAG grades for 2 a levels and use my predicted grade for bio?

If you are planning on only retaking Biology then you would have to put down all 3 subject grades you got from TAG and then you would also write your predicted grade for Biology. I am also hoping to retake exams in summer rather than autumn.
So if you for example got BBC as your TAG and you are now predicted a B in Biology you could apply to universities asking for BBB.

I recently said in this thread i was going to sit this autumn, however I no longer want too. There's not enough time to study 2 a levels so I think I'm going to do it next summer and hope and prey that the summer 2022 exams go ahead as planned.
Original post by sapphire280902
If you are planning on only retaking Biology then you would have to put down all 3 subject grades you got from TAG and then you would also write your predicted grade for Biology. I am also hoping to retake exams in summer rather than autumn.
So if you for example got BBC as your TAG and you are now predicted a B in Biology you could apply to universities asking for BBB.

Ahhh okay thank you for explaining that. I got ABE so I only have 104 UCAS points, I need a C prediction so I can bump the UCAS points to 120 so I can apply to BBB universities. I am just worried if they will predict me a C grade again after giving me an E grade for TAG lol. What subjects are you planning on doing in summer?
I recently said in this thread i was going to sit this autumn, however I no longer want too. There's not enough time to study 2 a levels so I think I'm going to do it next summer and hope and prey that the summer 2022 exams go ahead as planned.

I am stuggling as it is to revise one a level by october let alone 2! I think its a smart decision to it in summer if you feel you won't be ready. I know for next year I will smash those exams. I am literally praying so hard 2022 returns to normal. Surely they can't cancel the exams again, im just hoping with the vaccine and everything that things will be fine for students planning to resit next year.
Ahhh okay thank you for explaining that. I got ABE so I only have 104 UCAS points, I need a C prediction so I can bump the UCAS points to 120 so I can apply to BBB universities. I am just worried if they will predict me a C grade again after giving me an E grade for TAG lol. What subjects are you planning on doing in summer?

No problem :smile:
I'm planning on retaking maths chemistry and biology hoping to bump up my grades to A/Bs. I'm worried too that my teachers won't predict me high enough and I'll have to end up applying after I get my results meaning 2 gap years.

Latest