The Student Room Group

Economics is edexcel 25 marker HELP!!

Evaluate the disadvantages of a significant increase in the national living wage on a specific labour marker, such as that for social care workers(25 marker)

I need help to structure this 25 marker, my first point is unemployment but I don’t know how to expand
I would really appreciate some tips on how to answer this 25 marker
Reply 1
Original post by Chloe234
Evaluate the disadvantages of a significant increase in the national living wage on a specific labour marker, such as that for social care workers(25 marker)

I need help to structure this 25 marker, my first point is unemployment but I don’t know how to expand
I would really appreciate some tips on how to answer this 25 marker

For your unemployment point- Opponents of raising the minimum wage believe that higher wages could have several negative repercussions: leading to inflation, making companies less competitive, and resulting in job losses.
Here are some other points that you could expand on:
-the possibility that a higher minimum wage would result in increased labor market competition for minimum wage jobs.
- a large number of overqualified workers taking minimum wage positions that would usually go to young or otherwise inexperienced workers. This could hinder younger, less experienced trainees to the job market from obtaining work and gaining experience to move their careers forward.
- More people have more money and firms will take advantage of that which will lead to an increase in prices. Increased prices mean a general increase in the cost of living that could essentially negate any advantage gained by workers having more money in their pockets.

In terms of structure:-
For the introduction identify and define the key terms
Motivate the topic- say why it is important
You should then do at least 4 detailed paragraphs on the question using the points or other ones that you have thought of and make sure to always develop a chain of reasoning and include key terms because this is where you will get the marks.
Also, remember to include the context of the question, in this case, for social workers.
As your question only wants you to address the disadvantages of increasing the NLW, in your conclusion you will just have to further explain why you stated the points you did and reiterate your answer and bring up overall evaluative points.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
okay thank you so much!!
Reply 3
other than the minimum wage diagram which other diagram should I add?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending