The Student Room Group

Cardiac Physiology/ Healthcare science applicants 2022

hi guys! no ones made an official thread for physiologists applying yet this year, so feel free to drop any questions or just chat about the uni or course! ive applied to southampton, leeds, plymouth, sgul and middlesex and have interviews for southampton sgul and middlesex so far! if any of you have had interviews yet, how was it? i still need to prepare tbh!! id love to firm southampton though!

Scroll to see replies

Hi I've got interviews for Southampton and Middlesex too. When's yours?
Original post by evangelin__
Hi I've got interviews for Southampton and Middlesex too. When's yours?

i haven’t booked middlesex yet as i can’t do any of the days! my southampton interviews on the 16th of march,, which uni do u think you’ll firm?
Original post by pokoloco123
i haven’t booked middlesex yet as i can’t do any of the days! my southampton interviews on the 16th of march,, which uni do u think you’ll firm?

I'm not sure because all the unis i've applied to are at least 5 hrs away apart from Manchester and Leeds. But maybe Southampton.
I'm not sure because all the unis i've applied to are at least 5 hrs away apart from Manchester and Leeds. But maybe Southampton.

same, if i get into southampton i’ll definitely firm it:smile: maybe we could get in together
same, if i get into southampton i’ll definitely firm it:smile: maybe we could get in together

Yep maybe if I end up going there :smile:
Yep maybe if I end up going there :smile:

when’s ur interview??
when’s ur interview??

Southampton is 2nd march and Middlesex is 7th feb
Southampton is 2nd march and Middlesex is 7th feb

dammmn my interviews on the 16th of feb😭
(edited 2 years ago)
lol mines before urs ill let u know . Also are you doing anything to prep for the interview I don't know what else to do apart from the general questions like why I want to study it ?
Reply 10
lol mines before urs ill let u know . Also are you doing anything to prep for the interview I don't know what else to do apart from the general questions like why I want to study it ?

i meant my southampton ones on the 16th but apparently its chill. i went to an open day in summer for southampton and asked a student what the interview was like and she said its literally nothing to worry about as you just talk about yourself and y u wanna study the course/ experience etc and its easy?? i asked her if we need to bring in heart knowledge and she said no they dont expect us to read ECG'S or other things learnt at A-level. but yeah i think its the general questions- unlike physio or nursing i dont believe we need to do clinical scenarios (from southampton at least). so im just gonna hope its laid back. for middlesex i think its a group interview which im dreading cuz everyone else said they hated it cuz everyone was talking over each other. i guess maybe at middlesex they introduce the clinical scenarios and what wed do, because what else would you interview a group of people for? maybe we take it in turns to say why we want to do the course but i have no idea:colonhash: apparently its to assess our teamwork as cardiac physiology requires alot of teamwork. im a bit scared for leeds as i have no clue whats coming up, and i have a feeling its the worst one because its an MMI so its like how medicine, physio,nursing etc applicants are assessed, so there will probably be clinical scenarios, testing our heart knowledge, as well as general questions ugh im scared

edit: also im pokoloko123 i forgot my password to that account so this is my second one!
(edited 2 years ago)
Ohhh thank u sm.
Also thank u for telling me all this I wouldn’t know otherwise. How was Southampton did u visit any other unis ?
and Yh the MMIs seems hard I might just search up some scenarios Wait I’ll pm u it :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Ohhh thank u sm.
Also thank u for telling me all this I wouldn’t know otherwise. How was Southampton did u visit any other unis ?
and Yh the MMIs seems hard I might just search up some scenarios. I made like a word document of what ppl have said in the past on tsr about the interview. Wait I’ll pm u it :smile:

southampton was great i like that there’s a city and a beach so it’s a good mix. everyone also seems so nice and welcoming so i really like it:smile: there’s accom that’s a 5 min walk from the uni, one that’s a 30 minute bus drive to the city or the uni and one in the city. also the busses are free for first years and so r the gyms so that’s a good plus☺️ if i get an offer and have to choose the accom at southampton i might go between so im halfway to the town and the uni. the cardiac physiology students are also nice they said the amount of people in the course is 25 max so we’re probably able to get to know each other well. in general i really want to go i like it there! hopefully if we get an offer we could meet:smile:

i haven’t been to any other unis just southampton cuz leeds and plymouth is too far and i was at school during the middlesex and saint george’s open day. and same i might browse other TSR forums regarding MMI’s in other healthcare courses and try prep for that🥲🥲
omg it seems so nice. I haven't been to any of them so I don't think id have have any idea where to go if i got offers from all .
Reply 14
omg it seems so nice. I haven't been to any of them so I don't think id have have any idea where to go if i got offers from all .

i’m assuming we might need to answer why we wanna go to that uni during the interview so we gotta do some research 😭it’s okay tho if u get ur offers u have until may to decide! so u can check out the unis till then
Hi guys! I applied to Swansea, Plymouth, Southhampton, SGUL and Middlesex. My MDX interview is on the 3rd Feb, I have Southampton and Soul interviews in the same day 1 hour apart.
I just wanted to ask how everyone is preparing for interviews or if there are any useful resources and topics we could research? I know Mdx has a group interview so, if anyone's done it, how did it go??
Reply 16
Original post by Jamilah_331
Hi guys! I applied to Swansea, Plymouth, Southhampton, SGUL and Middlesex. My MDX interview is on the 3rd Feb, I have Southampton and Soul interviews in the same day 1 hour apart.
I just wanted to ask how everyone is preparing for interviews or if there are any useful resources and topics we could research? I know Mdx has a group interview so, if anyone's done it, how did it go??

hii! honestly, I hated the choice on the SGUL interviews cuz the only date u could choose was the 2nd of march. i chose the 2pm time, wbu?? you're lucky tho, my Southampton interviews on the 16th of Feb, so ill let you know how it goes. my Middlesex one is on the 21st of Feb- kinda worried cuz a group interview sounds hard when people r talking over each other! I haven't started preparing yet oops cuz I have mocks. maybe a week before ill start preparing for my Southampton one cuz I really wanna go there. I might just read up on clinical scenarios, and the general questions like "tell me about yourself, why cardiac physiology and not a doctor/nurse?" (remember don't be broad), some research into the NHS in general as well as the course or job. I might also do research into the uni in case they ask why I want to go there. I'm planning on bullet-pointing question answers I think would come up during the interview and practice them with someone else. idk what to wear tho loll. what uni do u think would be ur firm and insurance choice?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yzarmena
hii! honestly, I hated the choice on the SGUL interviews cuz the only date u could choose was the 2nd of march. i chose the 2pm time, wbu?? you're lucky tho, my Southampton interviews on the 16th of Feb, so ill let you know how it goes. my Middlesex one is on the 21st of Feb- kinda worried cuz a group interview sounds hard when people r talking over each other! I haven't started preparing yet oops cuz I have mocks. maybe a week before ill start preparing for my Southampton one cuz I really wanna go there. I might just read up on clinical scenarios, and the general questions like "tell me about yourself, why cardiac physiology and not a doctor/nurse?" (remember don't be broad), some research into the NHS in general as well as the course or job. I might also do research into the uni in case they ask why I want to go there. I'm planning on bullet-pointing question answers I think would come up during the interview and practice them with someone else. idk what to wear tho loll. what uni do u think would be ur firm and insurance choice?

Yay!!! Thanks for replying!! For SGUL, I chose 2:45, about an hour after my Southampton lol. For MDX I'm literally so scared that everyone would talk over each other like??!! I've been reading about medical ethics cuz maybe it might help me approach some of the clinical scenarios and dissecting my PS. I think my firm choice is SGUL and then MDX as my insurance cuz I kinda like the idea of going to uni in London. Anyway, thanks again, this was really helpful, good luck on your mocks and your interviews!!! I'll let you know how MDX went
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Jamilah_331
Yay!!! Thanks for replying!! For SGUL, I chose 2:45, about an hour after my Southampton lol. For MDX I'm literally so scared that everyone would talk over each other like??!! I've been reading about medical ethics cuz maybe it might help me approach some of the clinical scenarios and dissecting my PS. I think my firm choice is SGUL and then MDX as my insurance cuz I kinda like the idea of going to uni in London. Anyway, thanks again, this was really helpful, good luck on your mocks and your interviews!!! I'll let you know how MDX went

i wanted to choose that one for SGUL but all the slots were full noooo lmaoo!! the interview for MDX sounds like chaos ngl i hope people will listen to each other. medical ethics is a good shout cuz most scenarios would be patient handling. however apparently southampton has the chillest interview according to my friend who applied to podiatry (he got in!), but youll never know what its like for our course! i really dont want to go to uni at london, it seems too stressful to live there for 3 years cuz the city never sleeps i swear lmaooo. its good for a day out and partying imo but personally i would prefer southamptons chiller environment. i hope you get into sgul tho!! im so scared cuz were being interviewd by 2 people, but apparently we have the easiest interview out of the other healthcare applicants at sgul! thank you, i hope mocks and the real exams go well for you, maybe we'll see each other at sgul, MDX or plymouth! its nice to see other cardiac physio applicants cus not many people know about the course... and thank you, ill remember to let u know how southamptons interview went!
Oh nuuu hahaha! Fingers crossed we don't have scream over people for MDX lol. Hopefully interviews are chill for us too and it's great that your friend got in! I see what you mean about London it is really chaotic, it's complete of what I'm used to in the countryside, be funny to see how I survive lmao. I hope you get into Southampton. It would be really cool if we ran into each other in uni... and thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest