The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Neuroscience at Oxford

Hi all,

I applied to the MSc in Neurosciene at Oxford for fall 2022 entry and was wondering if there is anyone around who has made it into the course or gotten to the interview stage in previous (or this) year(s). It would help inmensely if you would be willing to share a bit what kind of questions they asked and how the experience was like!! Thanks so much in advance and for helping out a confused applicant!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Meli_k
Hi all,

I applied to the MSc in Neurosciene at Oxford for fall 2022 entry and was wondering if there is anyone around who has made it into the course or gotten to the interview stage in previous (or this) year(s). It would help inmensely if you would be willing to share a bit what kind of questions they asked and how the experience was like!! Thanks so much in advance and for helping out a confused applicant!

Hi! Did you get an interview invite?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by sav10_
Hi! Did you get an interview invite?

Nope, unfortunately saw my rejection email yesterday night, saying that interviews had been held last week... did you get one? If so, would you be open to share about it? Also applied to the other Oxford Neuroscience master (Clinical and Therapeutic), and would imagine that interview procedures/types of questions, etc. are quite similar:smile:. It would help a loooot!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi, I did my interview last Monday, I know they said that offers will usually be made 8-10 weeks after the application deadline, but just wanted to check if anyone has been offered a place? And also if you could let us know if you are offered a place in the meantime!

Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Meli_k
Nope, unfortunately saw my rejection email yesterday night, saying that interviews had been held last week... did you get one? If so, would you be open to share about it? Also applied to the other Oxford Neuroscience master (Clinical and Therapeutic), and would imagine that interview procedures/types of questions, etc. are quite similar:smile:. It would help a loooot!!!

I’m sorry!
Did you receive the formal one? Because I received an update (rejection, so anyway…) but not the “official” rejection email.
And I was not interviewed
Reply 5
Original post by CTR_99
Hi, I did my interview last Monday, I know they said that offers will usually be made 8-10 weeks after the application deadline, but just wanted to check if anyone has been offered a place? And also if you could let us know if you are offered a place in the meantime!

Thank you!

Congratulations for your interview!! What questions did they ask? If you’re comfortable sharing your experience
Reply 6
Original post by sav10_
Congratulations for your interview!! What questions did they ask? If you’re comfortable sharing your experience

Hi thanks very much! I was asked to do a ten minute presentation on a research project I carried out, then I was asked some follow up questions on the project, such as the end goal of the research, background and history of the research area and to explain some aspects they were unsure of (it was a medicinal chemistry project). After that they asked about research interests I mentioned in my personal statement, and they asked why I wanted to make the change from medicinal chemistry to neuroscience, as well as my reasons for applying to the course. Hope this helps

All the best
Reply 7
Original post by CTR_99
Hi thanks very much! I was asked to do a ten minute presentation on a research project I carried out, then I was asked some follow up questions on the project, such as the end goal of the research, background and history of the research area and to explain some aspects they were unsure of (it was a medicinal chemistry project). After that they asked about research interests I mentioned in my personal statement, and they asked why I wanted to make the change from medicinal chemistry to neuroscience, as well as my reasons for applying to the course. Hope this helps

All the best

Thank you! Wish you all the best!
Original post by Meli_k

Did you get an offer from the other (Clinical & Therapeutic) Neuroscience masters? I received an offer a few weeks ago and I've heard they're still sending them out :smile:
Hi!

I have also applied for the C&T Neuroscience and wondered if you have some experience preparing for the interview?

It would be highly appreciated if you could shed some light on the process.

Thank you very much!

Brian

Original post by Catherinelily
Did you get an offer from the other (Clinical & Therapeutic) Neuroscience masters? I received an offer a few weeks ago and I've heard they're still sending them out :smile:
Reply 10
anyone heard anything yet for the 2024/25 round of applications?? like have they already done interviews etc ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending